Anyone know what kind of speed boat I have?????

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Rselleck91, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Rselleck91

Rselleck91 New Member

Hello folks I have this boat I picked up. I've been trying to figure out what kind she is. That way I know more about it. All it says is twister 18 no tags or anything. Somebody who knows there little speed boats could fill me in that would be great.

Attached Files:

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum.

The obvious place to look is the New Hampshire registration, which will have a "HIN". The first 3 digits will be the MIC (Manufacture Identification Code). With the MIC in hand you can look up the builder over at the USCG web site.

If the boat was made after 1973, she'll have a HIN embossed to the upper right hand corner of the transom. If before, you'll have to use the NH registration number to do a title/registration search.

3. boatbuilder41

boatbuilder41 Senior Member

Looks like a checkmate

4. Rselleck91

Rselleck91 New Member

I ran the number on the back it's a 86-87 twister but I still do not get a model or really any more info to hp ratings etc

5. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.