Aluminum jet boat design?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by gray webber, Nov 27, 2004.

1. gray webber

gray webber New Member

I am new to this forum.

I am looking for a good aluminum boat design for jet drive.

I have built 3 stich and glue boats with the system three epoxies. A whine glass row boat, a kayak, and a 17,5 ft. jet boat. All perform well, but I now live on Lake Superior and it's rocky shores and shallow rivers. I hope to use the 200hp Kodiak jet drive from the wood boat and turn it into a outboard.

I was hoping to find a good design that has the following: 15 to 18 degrees dead rise for smooth ride in chop and good traking, A delta pad for ecconomy and speed. Reverse chine for dry running and cornering. 19ft for gereral recreation and fishing. The 17.5 wood unit is a Tracy OBrien design that lacks some of these features. Speed is the least important issue.

I thought that people on this forum could narrow my seach to good options as many here experience design and construction in a hands on way.

thank you for any input you may offer.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.