'94 Stratos 2250WA - fuel/vent Ques.

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by MommyDearest, May 21, 2007.

1. MommyDearest

MommyDearest Junior Member

Glad to have found this forum.

DS just purchased a '94 Stratos 2250 w/cuddy and 225 Yamaha OB. The onboard gas tank is 96 gals. On prepping and testing the boat he's just been dumping in 12 gals gas at a time. To test why/if the console fuel guage was working, he attempted to pump at the gas station directly into the fuel filler onboard. Gas would not go in and actually came out the adjacent vent. Naturally, he stopped!

Question: Since the fuel spit back thru the vent, my thought is that the vent line is not blocked -- BUT, we're wondering if the tank is air-bound? Is that possible? I asked him if the tank was already full and that's why it was spilling back - he said that no, he's pretty sure the tank was empty - because it sounded "hollow".

The location of the filler cap is on the ledge of the walk-around on the starboard side adjacent to the captains chair. The vent is next to it but out the side of the boat.

Any thoughts/suggestions. He's 21 and this is his first boat and very eager to get it in the water for the summer!

2. MommyDearest

MommyDearest Junior Member

I Do Believe I've Found Sufficient Info In Another Thread.

Thanks - Need Not Reply

I'd Delete If I Knew How!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.