70's Slickcraft boats

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Ray, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Ray

Ray New Member

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a 1976 Slickcraft SS235 that is completely original except for the interior. The original owners put 199 Sea Ray interior into this beauty and then traded it in. It has the original camper top and original mooring cover. It even had the original prop until it got stolen. I only got to use her about 6 times last year, but it is really nice. Hope to include a picture on my next visit.

Am trying to install a thru hull transducer and wanted to know where the best place to put it was. E-mail me at jrbauer@cybrtown.com with information.

Thanks

Rick Bauer
    Bucyrus, Ohio

3. Guest

Guest Guest

site s building

We now have 27 members with slickcraft boats . The site is getting interesting. If you have a slickcraft join up. It's all free. Come and check out some of out pic's

4. Guest

Guest Guest

"need2speed" is a slickcraft???? I didn't know they built any performance boats - I thought only heavy cruisers and smaller runabouts?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Starter went out on my 1976 Slickcraft SS235 and am having trouble locating one. Has a 233 HP Ford motor (yes it's a Ford) with a Mercruiser outdrive. Any help would be appreciated. e-mail jrbauer@cybrtown.com

Thanks

Rick Bauer

6. Guest

Guest Guest

What ford block is it (displacement) (e.g. 302? ...)

7. bud weaver

bud weaver New Member

New Kid On The Block Here

Wazzup and greetings from the "broke" state, California!
    I am the proud owner of a '75 SS235 and am going to finish getting it ready to use. I bought it turnkey in Maryland in 1997 and have not had it in the water since I brought it back to Cal.
    Hoping to pick your brains and help with resto subjects.
    It is powered by an '88 Ford 302/888 outdrive. All stock right down to the ugly yellow shag carpeting in the hold!
    I am going to need some tips on painting and parts sources for pieces here and there. Let me start off by asking these:
    [1] I am going to repaint the outdrive. I have been told that Tempo zinc chromate base and Merc. "Phantom" black lacquer(4 topcoats) is the ticket. Any other recommendations?
    [2] What paint to recommend for the hull bottom? This boat is a seasonal craft and sits on the trailer most of the time. It had anti-fouling on the bottom when it used to be in the Bush river but now it wil only see occasional use in the inland coastal waters and the local fresh-water lakes.
    and lastly,[3] good prop size recommendation for my outfit running 4200 RPM.
    Thanx in advance!

8. Dillard

Dillard Guest

slickcraft boats

I have a '79 240SL. The motors were stolen form the original owner while he was trying to restore it. He lost interest and it sat for about 6 years. I saw it and $800. I did not restore it to original and want to know if I can still join the website or if you guys are looking for original only. Thanks for your time.

Dillard

9. Dillard

Dillard Guest

my 240 SL

I own a '79 240 SL. It is not original. Can I still join the website? Thanks for your time.

Dillard

10. Marctic

Marctic New Member

67 slickcraft ski boat 4-sale

I purchased it last summer and replaced every rubber going thru the stern of the boat inluding control cables! boat still has original engine and stern drive but in the early 80s it was redone to look like a 80s boat with tinted windows racey lookin steeering wheel kewl logo on the side that reads SLICK 67 and on the back it reads SLICK WHEN WET!!! if anyone is interested in a fine boat that needs a lil tlc contact me at boyblue67@aol.com and i can tell you more about it later !

11. eckydog

eckydog New Member

Hi, I am the proud owner of a 1970 SS235 and have been since 1988. The interior of my boat has been completely reconfigured, however I still have the original seats and sink/alcohol stove unit as well as the engine cover. Any interested parties feel free to contact me.

12. Alohawave

Alohawave Guest

Great Boat!

Hello,
    I just wanted to say that my parents had a ss170 when I was a kid and I learned to ski on it. This boat had great lines that could be appreciated today. What a great boat! Quality all the way. Loved it and wish i could locate one now

13. ss165

I just sold a 1970 SS165 to a guy two weeks ago. He wanted the 1965 Evinrude on it. He junked the boat, which needed some attention. I ended up taking the trailer back, because he wanted to junk it also. I wish I could have found someone to take it and restore it. It was really a nice looking boat.

14. Marctic

Marctic New Member

well i still have my 67 slickcraft for sale i believe its a ss 165 the motor is 120 horsepower chevy 4 cylinder with mercruiser sterndrive i just recently purchased a glastron carlson and need to part with my slickcraft. Ive got over 2000$ in it in restoration and the boat is a turnkey boat! im asking 1500.00 firm any takerz?? contact me !

15. Rick Bauer

Rick Bauer New Member

Slickcraft for sale

Unfortunately, I am unable to give my SS 235 the time on the water she deserves. I have a son going to college in the fall and another heavily into basketball and baseball, so I reluctantly need to part with my boat. It is a 1976 SS 235 cuddy cabin. Everything on this boat is original except the propeller, starter and interior. There is 1998 Sea Ray interior installed on this boat. The interior alone cost the previous owners about $6,000. The mooring cover and camper top are original. I have a 3 year old loadmaster trailer setting under her. She's a beauty. A real steal at $8,000. Hate to see her go, but I posted on here first because I want to sell her to someone that will take care of her the way I did. You can e-mail me at rbauer@suttonbank.com

Thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.