70's Slickcraft boats

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Ray, Jan 18, 2003.

1. slick man

slick man New Member

How do I get a hold of him?

2. slick man

slick man New Member

Slickcraft enthusiast

I just started a facebook page, come and post pics and updates about your slick
    for all of us to veiw!

Slickcraft on Facebook
    Holland ,Mi

Thanks

3. JimB27W

JimB27W New Member

Slickcraft 240 SL

I have a 1978 Slickcraft 240SL with twin 350 chevy engines and 3 rebuilt OMC outdrives. 520 HP. Boat moves! I live in Bristol, IL. I need to restore a bunch of stuff because the boat took on some water last year. It is in very good condition for its age. Original seats, interior, bimini etc.

4. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

What do you want to know?

5. JimB27W

JimB27W New Member

My 240XL

Actually the boat sank in Seneca last summer. I took it to a shop in Joliet who specialize in OMC equipment. They "pickled" the motors, then got both running for a few minutes each. Boat has been drying out in my yard since. I plan to restore it completely if the motors run again when I check them in April. I really hope so. If not, I may decide to part with the boat. Sell it in tact at a very low price, or worse case for parts. Any thoughts or suggestions?

6. BriTin

BriTin New Member

Hello all. My SL 240 has twin 265 mercs, Alpha 1 second Gen with port side counter rotating, motors refreshed, 90% new, punched 30 over, epic loud sound system, 3in thru hall exhaust, shore power, chargers, 6 batteries, custom paint, new trailer with disc brakes, etc, much more to list.
    I've owned this baby for 18 years, I'm not young anymore, she needs a new home. 803-207-5753

7. JimB27W

JimB27W New Member

Can you send me some photos at mjjabishop@att.net? Where are you located? My SL sank 2 years ago. Got the motors - twin 351 Fords running for 2 minutes, but the boat is drying out. I will re-do it - it had all new leather, white sheepskin interior, teak motor cover and all original bimini etc. OMC drives rebuilt. I have a third rebuilt one too. A true classic. I have another boat - 22' Regal Velocity with a merc 300 Mag. Boat does 55 at 4000 rpm's = wrong prop. Probably more like 60-62 mph. I will probably sell it. How much do you want for your SL? Trade for the Regal?

8. Valeriegaydos

Valeriegaydos New Member

I have a 1977 Slickcraft cuddy
    with a 350 mercruiser engine that I need to unload. I'm not using it after my husband passed away. Motor works great. We started to redo the electrical but never finished. Free to a good home. Lots of teak. Contact 412.528.1360 or valeriegaydos@me.com and I'll send photos. Located in Essex, MD. It is currently on the hard but easily launched from near ( a few hundred feet) of this location on Middle River

9. OMC Trihull

OMC Trihull New Member

I was wondering how did you make the cradle?
    Also how did you take the boat off the trailer and put the boat onto the cradle?

10. Tim Gasman

Tim Gasman New Member

I have a 1966 SS175 i/o doing the same need interior parts

11. DJL77

DJL77 New Member

New member here. Looking for the original rear seat design for my 1977 SS215. The originals folded in a way to create sundeck with engine cover and I would like to recreate them. Currently have cheapo jump seats in place but want them gone. This is one of the last items to complete on my restoration and is proving to be elusive.

Attached Files:

12. DJL77

DJL77 New Member

Having not found drawings or pics I decided to design my own jump seats. Sending to the upholsterer next week.

Attached Files:

13. DJL77

DJL77 New Member

Finished the interior including rear jump seats and berth

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.