70's Slickcraft boats

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Ray, Jan 18, 2003.

1. jakewcso

jakewcso New Member

slickcraft 305 reply

I am working on my slickcraft as well and am new to the slickcrafts. Your Mercuriser 305 should have a serial number on the value cover. Use that number and put in Mercuriser in google or bing. You will find a site that works good for you. On the top side of the outdrive you will find another plate with the serial number on the outdrive. Use this number again to id the correct year and model.

Once you have the correct year and model for your motor and outdrive, search the web on boat design or other forms that deal with motors. Just focus on the Mercuriser part of the boat which is very popular in many watercraft.

As far as Slickcraft goes there is nothing for specs out there that I have found yet. If you find something let me know. I am looking for windshield spec and bimini top specs and can't find anything.

For more info on the company use this link that will give you the basic's http://www.tiarayachts.com/about/slickcraft-history.aspx

Good luck, your boat is great condition. I have a ways to go yet.

2. slickcraft305

slickcraft305 New Member

hi there, and thanks for your input. I´ll give it a go and see if I can find more info om the boat. I was just hoping someone could recognize the boat design and let me know if it is a slickcraft "SX", SSX" or whatever..

I know that the engine is Mercruiser 898, 5L V8 with 200HP ish...that´s it.

Looking forward to hear from you guys...

3. itselliott

itselliott Junior Member

Email me
    itselliott@hotmail.com
    I am in Holland Mi also. I have made replacement latches in the past.

Attached Files:

4. itselliott

itselliott Junior Member

If there is anyone interested, I have a 1975 SS235 with a 188hp Merc (302 ford/Alpha 1) the Pre-Alpha has been replaced with an Alpha1

With a dual axle trailer.........good rubber/bearings and dual axle brakes....L.E.D. lights.

I just found a teak lined 1972.............SO.............I am selling the 1975...........cheap.
    The Hull is in very good condition.
    The deck has some mounting holes from rod holders.
    The bilge is C-L-E-A-N.

Contact me via email for fotos etc.
    itselliott@hotmail.com

Located in Holland Mi

5. joeslickraft

joeslickraft New Member

What do I ask for a 1972 ss190 with a merc 140hp that is in pristine condition?

6. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum.

Ask for $1,000 more than you actually want and let them "beat you up" over it. They'll think they got a deal and you'll get the price you want.

As to a 1972 in "pristine condition", well I find this imposable to believe, unless she's had a full up restoration, with new soles, transom core, stringers, paint, upholstery, electric, plumbing, engine, controls, electronics, etc., etc., etc., which just isn't a logical thing to do to one of these (just not worth the investment). Value is based on many things and many over value their projects. If you can recover what you've got in it, consider this a win. Most never recoup repair and maintenance costs, unless you have considerable experience repairing and restoring boats. It took me several years to learn how to pick and flip prospective projects, before I could turn a profit. Of course, you could be lucky and have a really nice pre-HIN SlickCraft, which might get you a few grand, but don't expect to get much more than the value of the engine, trailer and electronics.

7. slick man

slick man New Member

New Slickcraft Owner

I just purchased my first Slickcraft boat. It is a1971 195ss with the 165hp mercruiser. It is white with the original black interior and all original gages. This boat is cherry and in immaculate condition. I am having so much fun with it, sooo glad I bought it. I receive complements all the time on how nice it is. I also have a added interest because it was built in the town that I live in and have lived my whole life . I'm looking for the 1971 sales brochure and not having much success. If anyone has one I am willing to purchase it for a generous amt. If anyone has one or knows of someone that does please email me info to contact them.I am also looking for a windsheild wiper from then. Here is a few pics of it.

Thanks

Attached Files:

8. joeslickraft

joeslickraft New Member

nice looking slick, I also live in west michigan, my slick is on Craigs list right now. We have owned it for 23 years and get coments every time we take it out like this boat belongs in a museum. I cant find another SS190 the same color as mine. We have taken it down to Lake Cumberland and we still have people commenting how nice it is. please go to craigs list to see pictures.

9. ss245slick

ss245slick New Member

Just joined up have a bigger class of slickcraft the 24' ss-245 o/s with mecruiser 5.7 bravo II & outdrive

10. jwithee

jwithee New Member

1973 Slickcraft SS-235

Just purchased a 1973 Slickcraft SS-235 - has a few scratches on the gelcoat - anyone matched the gelcoat color in the past? This is the beige/white version.

Thanks for the help.

11. itselliott

itselliott Junior Member

There is someone here in Holland with the brochure you are looking for......
    He's on ebay also He gave me a stained copy of one when he found them at a yard sale.( boxes full)

12. jim372

jim372 New Member

was grew/cutter boats of 1970' a copy of slickcraft

I am looking at a 21.5 foot cutter boat with
    188 ford and someplace read that grew made copy
    of slickcraft to be sold in Canada
    any info on cutter boats

13. Slickcraft194SS

Slickcraft194SS New Member

Slickcraft 18'

Slick Man - You're boat is awesome (and now my wallpaper)... someday I'll get there.

It looks like it has been a while since the last post but I am happy to find this thread! I am in the middle of restoring a 1973 Slickcraft 194 SS.

One of the differences with this boat is it is currently a jet drive powered by a small block 350....:D

Here she is the day I picked her up.
    [​IMG]

The interior was shot so I had to strip everything out and built a cradle so I can work on her over the winter.
    [​IMG]

Here is how she sits as I am now rebuilding the floor
    [​IMG]

14. itselliott

itselliott Junior Member

Ah, the infrequency of updates to this threard is just killing me....Ha Ha.
    How is this restoration coming along?

15. Slickcraft194SS

Slickcraft194SS New Member

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.