70's Slickcraft boats

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Ray, Jan 18, 2003.

1. boovie

boovie New Member

David Lee

hello my question to you is how much does trailer and boat weigh ? my e-mail is dlee1663@yahoo.com

2. boovie

boovie New Member

3. limit out

limit out Junior Member

New Slickcraft Project

Bought my 2nd Slickcraft with the intent to completely restore it. I had a 1973 235 that I restored and then later sold. The 235 is a bit too big for me to trailer as often as I plan to trailer this 215. This boat needs a major amount of work. The outdrive and engine are complete, condition unknown though. It has a 165 hp Mercrusier with a Chevy inline 6. It's about as rough as it can get, but I think I can bring it back to life. I love the classic lines of this boat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here’s some of the first boat, the 235 after it was done:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. dutchvanputten

dutchvanputten New Member

Images of your "new" SS215

Let me know if you need brochure images of your "new" SS215 and I will send them along for the restoration process.

I can be reached at:

Geoffrey Reynolds
    reynoldsg@hope.edu
    Joint Archives of Holland (Michigan)

5. limit out

limit out Junior Member

Really want to work on engine but weather not allowing that... So I pulled the teak floor from over the gas tank and starting refinishing it. Got a few peices done looks like new.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rather dark even after I planed, sanded and oiled.

6. dutchvanputten

dutchvanputten New Member

Bleach the Teak

I redid a SlickCraft ladder wood, deck strips and ladder platform and used a teak bleach, scrubbed, then oiled the wood. It will come out much lighter, if you want that look.

Good luck!

7. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

find a cabnet maker with a big hi-speed belt sander and put the timber through that !!,its usually just the surface thats changed colour !!. Then hand sand the edges !! and ends !!:idea::D

8. mikelaka

mikelaka New Member

21 Slickcraft

I would be very interested in seeing some pictures of the boat, if you still have it.

Thanks!

Mike
    mikelaka@gmail.com

9. mikelaka

mikelaka New Member

Do you still have the 21' Slickcraft for sale? If you do, please contact me at mikelaka@gmail.com

10. mikelaka

mikelaka New Member

Is this boat still for sale?

I'd love to see some additional pics if this is still for sale.

mikelaka@gmail.com

11. marc242

marc242 New Member

Pics SS-195

Hi! I´ve been working more than 20 years (summer time) with this beautiful boat, strong body I can say, and nice shape. Motor was a OMG cobra 165HP, I think imported from USA in the 80´s. My father bought it for work doing water ski and ski bus in a water sport center here in La Costa Brava, north of Barcelona. I´ve replaced the motor for a new Volvo Penta D3-160 Turbo diesel 5 years ago, now Im repairing inside, new seats etc... Next year I will paint the boat most probably with its original red color with black line on it... This is the "cadillac" from the sea. No more work for "Jois", now only for my pleasure :) I will post more pics after modification in case somebody like it, same as me looking pics from same model from you. lovely! see ya! P1170906.jpg

30-06-08_1949 copia.jpg

IMG_3388.jpg

P1170905.jpg

12. jakewcso

jakewcso New Member

slickcraft

I have bought at 1969 ss175 slickcraft and it's in need of some TLC. I have the work going and the motor is in great shape (in line 6). I am looking for parts.
    The windshield is not the correct one and I want to get the correct windshield and the correct bimini top. It appears to have had one that completely encloses the boat. Anyone have any ideas to find parts?

13. itselliott

itselliott Junior Member

Teak cleaning

Just as Van Putten says..........

cleaning with Arm N Hammer "WASHING" Soda will return the teak to its original coloring. Simple pressure washing will also do the trick.

All the sanding ect. is unnecessary.........really

I currently am rehabbing a 1975 SS235, 188Merc(302Ford) pre Alpha.

14. kafernator

kafernator New Member

Hi...I'm working on a 1974 SS215 Slickcraft. Would anyone know where the latches to open/close the louvered windows on the lower half of the windshield can be found? Or can someone recommend a suitable replacement that they have used successfully?

15. slickcraft305

slickcraft305 New Member

What type of slickcraft did I buy ??

Hi all,

I´m from Denmark fare away from you guys. I have just bought a ´78 Slickcraft with a Mercruiser305 V8, 5.0L engine. Very happy and have had the first trip ever in it a couple of days ago.

BUT I know nothing about this boat and I can not find anything (who´s manufacture..since nothing is found on "slickcraft".

Perfect if I could get my hands on a manual - or at least some specs (fuel cap, length, width, feet, type etc..

Only "ID" I have is on the back of the boat it says:

SLK 670980178-78
    I think it is 17 og 17,5 ft

I really need some specs so I can search for more info/registration etc..

Can anyone help or guide me in the right direction to more info about my lovely new boat ?

https://picasaweb.google.com/flemmi...key=Gv1sRgCPnPxpvBi_e42AE#5886101683390688834
    https://picasaweb.google.com/flemmi...key=Gv1sRgCPnPxpvBi_e42AE#5886101866398824674
    https://picasaweb.google.com/flemmi...key=Gv1sRgCPnPxpvBi_e42AE#5886102131680098866
    https://picasaweb.google.com/flemmi...key=Gv1sRgCPnPxpvBi_e42AE#5886102200479920674

Furthermore I have one more problem: the "idle rpm" is a bit low, so when I put it in reverse gear it stops immediately and needs to be started up again. No problem with forward gear - Could the solution be to ajust the "idle screw" if such thing is found on a Mercruiser305 engine ?

Any help would be most appreciated - thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.