70's Slickcraft boats

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Ray, Jan 18, 2003.

1. newinertia

newinertia Previous Member

235ss

I have one, 1976 model, motor and outdrive out, need replacement, or will sell, in kansas city, mo, what do you want to know?

Skip

Attached Files:

2. Time Out

Time Out New Member

I've got a '72. 250cid in-line 6, 165 hp.

Are you saying you can get it to turn over but it doesn't start? Or that it doesn't turn over at all.

If it turns over, I'd squirt engine starting fluid into the carb and turn the key. If it starts, that would tell me fuel is not getting to the carb. I'd check the quality of the gas and look for blockages in the fuel filters and fuel lines.

If after you use the engine starting fluid it doesn't start, I'd start looking at all things electrical. Plugs, wires, making sure wires go to the correct cylinder, check for sparks in the plugs, timing.....all that stuff.

If it doesn't turn over at all, check the ignition switches and the starter.

I don't know if you're a new boater or have been doing this for years so forgive me if the following is insulting. If the boat is on the trailer, make sure you connect running water to the outdrive. If the boat starts, you'll need water circulating to cool the engine.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

3. busnorth

busnorth busnorth

just got an 77 slick craft. suppose to have a 351 Windsor small block? says 233 on engine and out-drive. lots of wood trim boat is in good shape for it's age. I liked the looks. but--- would like to sale. found something else. back seat needs new bottom. The back seat is suppose to lift up and make the sun deck bigger. ? is, what supports the back seat in its upper level? any help?

4. dgjones

dgjones dgjones

1977 slickcraft question

Can anyone tell me the weight of my boat?? I have just bought a 1977 slickcraft 17.5' I/O boat. I think the model may be a SS175. The boat has a 350 mercruiser. I just want to make sure its not over 3000 pounds.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

5. Time Out

Time Out New Member

I've got an SS 235 and the weight, according to the brochures....is 4160 without gas and the trailer.

6. bob dame

bob dame New Member

7. bob dame

bob dame New Member

Asking price , trailer?

8. dgjones

dgjones dgjones

Well I assume yours is a 23'. How much of a difference of weight do you think there could be betwenn your 23' and my 17'??

9. JES

JES New Member

For Sale

1979 AMF Slickcraft, 228 HP Mercruise engine. 21' boat Always stored inside. Second owner. Ready for the water. Trailer, lights and tires are in great shape. It dosen't have an hour meter but I would garantee less than 600 hours. Will pull an adult skier no problem.

$3,500.00 Call: 256-310-4878

Thanks,

Eric

Attached Files:

10. rahn112

rahn112 New Member

joining up

I just joined your site. I'm thinking of buying a SS175 that's in pretty rough shape. I'm looking to find as much information as possible to help me get it back to it's original glory. I mostly need interior info. I want to make it original. Can you help with any information. Is anything still manufactured? Any photos out there of these boats? Right now I'm just in the information download time. I'd love to see the photos from your site and find out any more information on it. I can't really figure out how to navigate it though.

11. SR5811

SR5811 New Member

Hello all, new member here, I own a 1972 SS215 Hardtop that I bought last summer. Had no clue what it was but loved the looks and rock solid hull. Just started working on it about a month ago. I'm thinking transom rebuild and outboard conversion. Already pulled motor/outdrive OMC 225 stringer/Chevy V-8.

12. rdk67pens

rdk67pens New Member

225 an o/d

:?: what are you intending to do with the old od and motor? interested in them,thanks,ralph

13. SR5811

SR5811 New Member

I have no plans for the od/motor. The outdrive is partly disasembled and in pretty bad shape but I'm sure some of the parts may be OK. For its age the motor seems to be in decent shape. I don't really know i/o's that well. I'm more of an outboard guy. If you are looking for a ready setup this isn't it. but if you are still interested I would let them go for around $100 plus shipping. I am out of town for the weekend but I will try to take pics when I get home.

14. wiggleworm

wiggleworm New Member

1977 SS 245 Hardtop, twin 190's

Good morning. New to the group, and looking for information about the above boat recently acquired. It is in extremely good shape other than a timing issue with one of the engines and the OMC sterndrive cases are really corroded. I cannot find another boat like this listed anywhere. I found a 1979 and the seller said his was one of 5 built for show that year. The SS 245's I have seen do not have hardtops, and I have not noted any of the Slickcrafts with twin V8's. Information would be great. I will try get an image up soon.
    Thanks! Jeff

15. 8150mi

8150mi New Member

We have a 17' 1974 Slickcraft ST-190 w/center console. Anyone else own one? We need the specs, e.g. fuel capacity, wiring, etc. Where do we get one?

What did the original seats look like?

Also, need a bimini. Any ideas?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.