70's Slickcraft boats

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Ray, Jan 18, 2003.

1. milicev

milicev New Member

1979 Slcikcraft engine help

Hi, I was wondering if you guys know what I need for a gm 350 block rebuild? I have the volvo 260 A with the gm 350 block on this motor. Basically I was wondering if I need a special engine rebuild kit for marine or if I could use the general gm 350 rebuild kit? Is there a difference in camshaft or piston material?? Any help would be great.
    Thanks, Danny

2. bowtieboy572bb

bowtieboy572bb New Member

1972 Slickcraft SS235

Got 1972 Slickcraft 235SS with twin 140 chevy 4 banger motors. Anyone know how rare this is?

3. dwb1013

dwb1013 New Member

SS 235 with OMC 190....No spark

Title tells it all. Just trying to re-start a 1976 slickcraft that has been stored indoors for 10 years. Was winterized. i have got a battery and it turns over fine.....but no spark. Whta should I start replacing / checking to see if we can't get her going.....I also need help with operating instructions.....how do I use the throttle to get to start mode (seems that it will only turn over in nuetral position....has to be a way to increase throttle without engaging the trans and outdrive. Does the outdrive have to be in full down position to start? Any other "Kill" switches or must do's, i would not be aware of? :?:

4. mcope66

mcope66 New Member

There is a neutral safety switch. but it sounds like that is working if the motor will only turn over in neutral.
    There should be a button on throttle to press in while pushing throttle forward increase throttle without engaging the trans.
    The lower unit MUST be down to start or turn over motor or you will damage the U joint
    If you need more info post again with motor size lower unit type ext.

5. Grewsome

Grewsome New Member

Just joined

Hi all,

I have a '67 or '68 Grew bowrider by Slick Craft and it's been in the family since new. It is constructed with an advanced space-age material known as "Fibreglass". Only time will tell if this new technology will prove itself...

Great to see some other Slick Craft contacts on the 'net!

A few pics are attached.

Cheers,
    Thomas

Attached Files:

6. fst65gs

fst65gs New Member

Slickcraft Anniversary Boat

Looking for information on a 70's Slickcraft . It was a special model made in 78 , 79 , or 80 I think . It was a anniversary model with special badging . I think grey in color , V8 , IO . Does anyone have any information on this model ?

Thank you ,
    George

7. JES

JES New Member

1979 AMF Slickcraft

Here is a picture of my 1979 21' cuddy cabin slickcraft with a with a 228HP mercruise engine. The boat is completely origional. My parents bought it used in the early 80's. I don't know what the model is. The boat is still in working order and will be on the lake for the 4th of July

Thanks

Attached Files:

8. Grewsome

Grewsome New Member

Nice boat - particularly like the hull design (from what I can see).

9. djpdesign

djpdesign Dan

I have a 1972 Slickcraft 28'. I'm looking for a starboard side window frame and glass. Where can I look for parts?

10. sharkey

sharkey New Member

information needed

My son just purchased a 1970 slickcraft boat. We know nothing about this boat, and it did not come with any manual. Its also says SS165 if that makes any difference. Can anybody tell me anything about this boat and where he can go to get parts for it. You can email me at sharkeybarkey@charter.net[/email] thank you!

11. boatmech

boatmech Junior Member

71 slickcraft

i just bought a 71 slickcraft im trying to put her back to original look

12. boatmech

boatmech Junior Member

71 slickcraft

i just bought a 71 slickcraft im trying to put her back to original look

13. boatmech

boatmech Junior Member

i just bought a 71 slickcraft that im rebuilding twin 350 q chriscraft enginesand rewiring the boat it was a mess

14. boatmech

boatmech Junior Member

i just bought a 71 slickcraft that im rebuilding twin 350 q chriscraft engines the port engine is locked up interior is in good shape

15. dmille5

dmille5 New Member

any owners of SS235 out there? have questions, just bought one, need help. I have replaced the battery, ig.coil and still can not get it to fire! I have the foot down and have no idea on why it will not fire, anyone PLEASE help?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.