33 footer??

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Bryan1978, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Bryan1978

Bryan1978 Junior Member

I'm interested in building a new 33 foot center console. I'm located out of tampa florida and need some advice on how to get started. My plan is to build a 33 foot 11 foot beam center console with twin 350 mercrusier I/O's with jackshafts. I have a few drawings of what I want and about to transfer to drafting paper for my jigs. So I need peoples advice on if I got this correct..

My jigs will be cut from 9/16 OSB for the cost. Each rib will be place 1 foot apart. Then, because I dont know how to bend 3/8 wood, I was going to use 1/4 door skin material to get the shape. After the form was complete, I am going to spray it with gelcoat to get a smooth finish and buff it out smooth again. Then apply mold release.

As you might be able to tell at this point, I dont plan on leaving any wood in the hull. As far as the lay-up goes, thats where I'm lost. I dont know how thick to make the bottom or sides but know the transom needs to be atleast 2-3 inches thick. I also wanted to use a core for the bottom, and sides if needed. So the boat will be built like a cold molded boat but no wood in the hull. If someone could tell me what weight glass to start with till finished, I'd appriciate it.
    Thanks for all your help..
    Bryan

2. gamecock413

gamecock413 Junior Member

ill post on other thread

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  3. gamecock413

gamecock413 Junior Member

same as above

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.