32 ft Sea Craft Center console

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by WILLIAM 9SLING, Mar 9, 2005.

1. WILLIAM 9SLING

WILLIAM 9SLING New Member

Anyone had problems with a Sea Craft 32 ft.
    ? Water getting into bottom through bulkhead fittings?
    Any other problems to look for?
    Thanks

2. shaperx1

shaperx1 Junior Member

Seacraft is a good boat strong and well built, BUt wet and pounding ride. A good testament to the Seacraft was when a 32 seacraft and a 31 contender colided in Biscayne bay a few months ago. The seacraft drove back to the dock with minor damage and the contender went to the bottom. There is a news article somewhere showing pics of the boats and they pretty much went bow to bow and the contender came apart. My uncle has a 1999 32' seacraft its decent but I do not like the knotched transome or the motor cover but its solid, wet and pounds a bit but it will take it.
    Peace,

3. WILLIAM 9SLING

WILLIAM 9SLING New Member

32 Ft Seacraft

Thank you for the reply.

The problem I am having is that the first 32 sunk at the dock , and the 2nd is taking in 3-5 gals water every hour through drains under the deck. ie livewells. Did the other seacraft you talked about ever have these problems.Also the water line comes above the overflow exterior drains 2-3"s. Do you know if this is the case on your seacraft?

Thanks

4. mackid068

mackid068 Semi-Newbie Posts Often

Maybe you could fill up the livewells or wherever the leaks are coming through with some sort of expandable foam and then get it out of the water.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.