26' IMP ELEGANZA Restoration

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by franklin brand, Mar 12, 2006.

1. franklin brand

franklin brand New Member

I am located in the caribbean on the island of St.Kitts (60 miles south of St.Maarten). I just bought a 1988 26' IMP ELEGANZA from a guy who had it sitting in his yard for some time exposed to the elements. The hull is in excellent condition and I may be able to get away with a buff job for the most part. However, the engines are seized ( twin mercruiser 5.7L I/O"s), the upholstery is in poor shape including the carpeting etc.,the gauges are probably not working and I guess it needs to be rewired. I need help to restore the boat to top condition. Any one know a company or individual who could help in this regard ? Not really familiar with this make of boat and the guy doesn't know if the company still exists. Any help wil be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Buildboats

Buildboats Senior Member

you want someone to come to St Kitts to help?

3. franklin brand

franklin brand New Member

eleganza 26'

No thanks. I have sold the hull to a guy in St.Maarten. Thanks for your interest.
    Franklin

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.