1986 Cobia Sportster 189 SCV Manual

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by aprils22, Apr 7, 2006.

1. aprils22

aprils22 New Member

Hi....I am the new owner of this model/make boat and I am looking for the manual. If anyone has any idea where I can get one it would be very helpful.

Thank you.

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

You might be able to get/download the manual for the drivetrain from whoever built it (probably Merc or OMC).
    As for the boat itself, in a lot of cases there isn't any useful information in the manuals anyway- what you're probably after is wiring diagrams and fuel-gauge sender part numbers; what you often find in the manuals of old (and many new) runabouts is stuff like "always make sure you have enough gas to get back"- good advice, but advice you probably know already. If the boat was built to meet appropriate regulations, then you can get quite a lot- the wiring colour codes, etc- out of the small-craft regulations for the builder's country.

3. Martell_Florida

Martell_Florida Junior Member

I too have a cobia sportster. Mine is a 1973 18'1". I would love to see any photos you may have as I am restoring this boat and am looking for ideas. martell_florida@hotmail.com
    Best regards,