1981 formula one power boats

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by AwsomeE, May 9, 2006.

1. AwsomeE

AwsomeE New Member

I was curious if anyone can point me in the right direction.I just had a 17' Formula 1 boat passed down to me from my father-in-law.It has a merccruiser inboard motor.I think it is a 462 and I was looking to repair it myself.I know it has been sitting for at least 4 years under a cover though.So everything looks in good shape. I would like to know if someone could help send me in the right direction , any suggestions?

Thank You,

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

The first thing I'd do is clean any grease and grime off the motor and find the model and serial number. Knowing those numbers, you're in a good position to track down a shop manual for the engine. How much experience with motor repair/rebuilding do you have?

3. AwsomeE

AwsomeE New Member

Not much but I will do that and thanks for the response.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.