10' Peterborough?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by RockLaker, Apr 22, 2006.

1. regr

regr New Member

I'm trying to find the make and model of my 1972 boat?

Anyone have a 1972 Peterborough sales catalog. I'm trying to find the model of my boat, I believe that it’s a 1972 Peterborough ski boat. Our family purchased the boat brand new from Hunters Sport Shop in North Battleford, Sask.

I got a little closer on the hunt when a guy emailed me a picture of a Peterborough / Alcan brand boat, this is a Canadian made boat that has very similar lines to my boat, even though it was not the same year or exact model the lineage is easy to see.

Kijiji ad on really similar boat
    http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ404117799

Just read this thread from October 3rd, 2007 on this forum. This fella said, that "Alcan Canada Products Limited acquired what was left of Peterborough Boat in the 70's.(still trying to track down some dates) Years ago I was trying to hunt down some info on a wooden Peterborough model and spoke with someone at Alcan. They helped as much as they could but it turned out to be a dead end. Alcan did maintain an archive at the time but unfortunately precious little survived about wooden Peterborough boats. I suspect there is info on aluminum and fiberglass boats if someone had the energy to dig".

Here is a link to a forum of the guys talking about these boats, this is the wrong model but its interesting to see this, lost history.
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/pow...h-11380-2.html

There is nothing at all on Fiberglassics.com or anywhere else about this brand of boat, and I'm almost positive that the name also rings a bell in my head. Also you will see that the nameplate badge was a sticky back adhesive on one and that’s why we lost track, it fell off years ago in the lake. Boat is great quality and that makes sense as Alcan is a great company even today!

Reg
    See attached pictures, the young boy is actually me driving this boat when it was nearly brand new back in 1973! Help if you can guys.

Attached Files:

2. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Just so people know, it's not a good idea to leave motors tilted up like that, especially when its freezing. Water gets in the pocket around the shaft and freezes.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.