Myanmar (Burma) cyclone recovery

Discussion in 'Post-Tsunami' started by Stephen Ditmore, May 6, 2008.

1. Stephen Ditmore

Stephen Ditmore Senior Member

I hear on the BBC that boats are urgently needed in Myanmar for relief & recovery operations. I assume they're looking for shoal draft river vessels.

I have a contact at the U.N. here in New York. If anyone has a source for procuring or chartering appropriate boats in Bangladesh, East Coast India, Thailand, Cambodia, West Coast Malaysia, Singapore, or Sri Lanka, without being gouged, post it here and I'll pass it along.

Thanks,
    Stephen

2. gamage

gamage Senior Member

I always remember your contribution to my request after Tsunami. I know it was genuine humanitarian effort. It is very sad to hear how Burma Government acts on this natural disaster. We have experienced so we know how badly poor people suffering.

Please let us know size and utility of boats you are expecting. We will do our best at this end.

Thank you Sir.

3. masalai

masalai masalai

How is it going for you Gamage? - - This burma thing is not good, those mongrels in the Junta seem to be blocking everything.... I really feel sorry for the poor sods left in the disaster area....

Kind regards to you and yours

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.