Johnson Trolling motor, what can you tell me about it.

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by thudpucker, Jul 16, 2009.

1. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

I've had this old guy for some years now. I normally row my little boat, but I'm getting to the point where I may need to use this thing to get back to the dock some night.
    What is it in Thrust and Battery size?
    12 Volt probably, and where would I look for the Thrust label?

complete except for prop.jpg Johnson drop down.jpg

2. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

well who knows but I can tell you about 30 Amps at 12v gives about 40 lb thrust ...unless its got a serial number which might give the thrust away you will only have to test it to find out......why not ask johnson/evinrude /omc ?

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Judging by the motor size, I'd say you're looking at a small unit, maybe a 20 -25 pounds at most.

4. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

looking at your photo you need a propeller ...great bit of emergancy kit with no prop ....check it runs ..get a prop and check the current .....

5. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

Well, it don't use as much electricity without a prop. That's a great bit of conservation now, don't you think?

I cant remember why it don't have a prop. I'll have to look into that.
    I found out there's a number on the side of the 'foot control' that will be of some use.
    See you later.

6. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

That Model number is hard to see.
    "25 E-25" and the Serial number starts with "H-57nnnn"

When I was looking for the Model number I discovered why this thing came into my possession along with a boat full of junk.
    Someone has removed the foot-stomp switch. The Bracket, screws, switch and all are gone. Wires are cut.
    That switch must have failed and the guy intended to get a replacement....That was years ago though. Now I gotta figure out what to do next.
    Any ideas?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.