1998 johnson 150 lifting tool threads?

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by pabble, Mar 13, 2009.

1. pabble

pabble Junior Member

Hi...I'd like to make a lifting tool for a 1998 Johnson 150 outboard - can anyone tell me what thread size and bolt diameter will be needed? any related suggestions would also be appreciated. thanks.

2. kenJ

kenJ Senior Member

I've read this post several times. I still can't figure out what you are asking. Can you be more specific?

3. pabble

pabble Junior Member

I've solved the problem but the question relates to the lifting tool referred to in the service manual in the section on "Lifting Information", where it states, "Install OMC Lifting Tool, P/N 342672, on crankshaft. Tighten mounting screw securely using......" etc. The picture showed a threaded pin that screws into place with a swivel lift point on the exposed end. Online they are priced high for one time use I thought, so wanted to make my own. However, when I took a second look at my outboards they had suitable lifting eyes already in place and I was able to lift them without problems. But thanks very much for your reply.
    bryan

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.