New Forum Thread 1

Discussion in 'Option One' started by duluthboats, May 14, 2002.

1. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

Ok, I couldn't hold off any longer. :D :D I have been looking at this Project BD-1 for 2 days wondering who would be the frist to start a new thread. So Option 1 has forum all to it self. I can not thank Jeff enough for his work to make it happen. We have all the old threads here, so if new people want to read back and see how we got here it will be easy. In the end I'm not sure if our results will prove the Game theory, or the Chaos theory. Let us continue.
    Gary :)

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Actually no trouble at all. And I'm glad someone finally posted in the new forum too. I might have displaced a few with the server switch, etc. but that should all hopefully be ironed out now.

I'm not sure where this will take us as a final result either - maybe we'll generate such a great concept that we will sell the plans for the designer / designers / group (depending on how the final design is developed) and we'll all get rich in the process... let's see, I'll just take enough commissions to buy Polarity's sat link ;)

Or maybe it will end up generating a dozen different concepts along the way... at least I've greatly enjoyed following the discussion up to this point and I think it will only get better from here on forward.

Anyway, I just wanted to take the time to say thanks to everyone for all the great ideas and discussion so far.

3. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

'Tis we who should be thankfull, Jeff - without your wizardry we'd all just be a bunch fanatics without a place to vent our enthusiasm!

4. Nomad

Nomad Senior Member

Such true and inspiring words Will!! :)

5. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

Will,
    I don't get to see as many big power boats as you. In your rendering you have a swim platfrom around the outboards. Have you seen one like this before? Can the motors still be tilted?
    Gary

[​IMG]

6. Willallison

Ok, I confess! I pinched the idea from a local manufacturer of ski boats. I can't recall exactly how it works, but, yes the rear section of the platform raises up with the o/b. Those here have all been with single o/b powered boats. With the twin installation, I envisage having the platform split down the middle also so that the back half of the platform would raise with each motor - enabling easy access to the props etc.
    When you look at the latest crop of express type cruisers, they all have massive boarding platforms - often with equally big overhangs, so I don't see that this would be an issue and it would allow easy access right around the back end of the boat - traditionally a wekpoint of o/b powered boats

7. Willallison

Gary,
    Here's a pic of the platform

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.