What have you done this weekend...?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Wynand N, Jul 6, 2008.

1. apex1

apex1 Guest

Did not sail far, just cruising the Aegean (although almost completely). for 5 weeks we tested different production boats in the 50ft range and produced some severe damage on them.
    (I renewed my preconception not to produce sailing boats, not worth to compete with cr@p).

The wheels are mainly thought to be a armrest as you can see here:
    [​IMG]

I did not tell Fanie the plain thruth........

Regards
    Richard

2. masalai

masalai masalai

Apex, are you suggesting that all the boats were built to be "displayed in a marina" and not good for much else?

I wonder what you would think of mine, once I am under-way, You will be welcome to visit my mobile home on the ocean - most recent build progress post is http://boats-n-stuff.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,2.new.html#new

3. apex1

apex1 Guest

Nice progress.

4. masalai

masalai masalai

Oops, My failing memory? - be a right problem if I anchored somewhere, went for a bit of a walk and forgot where I parked it... :eek:

5. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Mas you should smoke more pot cuase there is a lot of new studies coming out on its being the only drug known to actually reverse your condition
    and reverse it it does
    I know a whole pile of doctors and nurses ( big party tonight actually ) and they are recommending right and left to relatives that they treat there loved ones with consent of course with the herb
    works wonders and round here at least its not illegal anymore

and no I dont really like the stuff myself but I do eat it every once in a while when my back is acting up ( I like my lungs just the way they are thank you )
    turns out they have a few verities specifically designed to alleviate pain

they are also trying to isolate what it is about the stuff that clears the plaque from the cells and interconnecting tissues of the brain and nervous system
    there is a huge study going on about this very issue at a group of hospitals in this area

cheers
    B

6. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

that is where 99% of all boats spend most of their time.:(
    Even more bad news Mas, even your mobile office will spent the bulk of its time in a marina or moored...

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Boston pot is illegal here and thc is not an interest of mine yet... I will just grow old disgracefully...

Wynand, at the prices in marina's NOT LIKELY at 39ft x 21ft that is 2 berth spaces, cant afford that so it is literally "up a creek" or in the lee in some convenient and remote bay... If Australia up's the annual fee then I will stay out in the ocean or visit places more friendly to cruising Yachties...

8. sctpc

sctpc Junior Member

masalai how do you get to the photos on that site?

9. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

You must register and log in.

10. masalai

masalai masalai

Here is a couple I took today to wet your appetite

Attached Files:

11. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I can confirm that ! Last rip to RB I had a look at some of the cats there. Not many I would like to go to sea with, looks more like the should be on the fresh instead. The marina master (or whatever he's called) told us most of the guys there never go out. Pity. Makes one wonder why they have them.

Your boat's going to have only one level Mas ? I thought it was going to be the offices on the top level and the lounge below. Now there's only one level and that's water level... :rolleyes:

Looking good mate. Those uprights are there so you can find the fridge at night...

12. masalai

masalai masalai

Actually they are holding the roof very still whilst the structures to hold the mast are being built... The mast beam will hold around 6 tonnes compression load... The two curved bits will shape the underside of the box girder and will be outside the roof in the middle section... Very interesting piece of aircraft engineering applied...

13. Boston

Boston Previous Member

looks great Mass way to keep us posted with the pictures
    round here we laugh at illegal specially when it comes to pot
    if it works and its available
    why not

its 1:12 am here and Selene just sent me this video

twisted little minx isn't she but you have to appreciate that she is thinking of an old fart like me
    the other day she sent me some love song on my phone
    seems some girls just love it when you try and tell em your just to old for them
    really makes my weekend to think I still got it

14. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

If you still got it vancomycin might clear it up.

15. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Celene would not be any form of illness I'd like to get rid of soon. sick yes, but in a good way.

cheers
    B

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.