What Do We Think About Climate Change

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Pericles, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Knut, good to see the European? side coming "on shift" , on climate??? we just had a thunder storm that couldn't get it up... a couple of distant rumblings (indigestion) a brief piss then dissapation - as my wife would say "disputang" which means "something like a fart - with absolutely no substance to it..." I think the Indian members may know the usage...

What is this "creating mesh" is that something like a "new age ****" ???

2. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

hehe,,,,thats why i came to texas,,,,i am like a god here,,ha,,hehe ;)

3. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

Hi Masalai

Well here it's mostly rain, summer's gone it seem...... Temp in the sea and air is about 13-15 °C (°C x 1,8 + 32 = °F ...., for you outside sivilized areas :p ).
    It''s not really hot you can say.... A couple of nights ago, we had thunder, didn,t seem to stop, and rain, didn't seem to stop either....

I got to get that fabric roof on the boat fixed...:rolleyes:

4. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

hmmm....mesh...Hmmm, that's not even Norwegian.... It's in the garage you guys should keep the calendars with them girls, in the garage you can have these "outdated" calendars.... Ok, we have year; 2008, month; june, we have Presenile Computas.....

To calculate strength in a design, we add a fishnet (meshing), the next program calculate the stress along these lines. Look at it as a fork, push it with let's say 20 lb's on the table, forks down (like summercamp, when sombody snatched the last hamburger in front of your plate), ok, the handle have 20 lb compression, internally, each of the forks, have this same load divided on the no. of forks. (so for 4 forks it will be a compression strength on each equal to 5 lb), that if if you hit straight, and not the hand of the bloke... :D

But if you lay the masks tooo small, the time for the PC to calculate this....... Ok , but back in 84, this was beyond my wildest dream.....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I just watched Matrix 2 video disc,---now I know I might not be very bright but I am totally confused as to WTF is it about. I thought I would ask on the boat forum especially as 'The1 much' looks like the bloke what drove the train?

I have never asked anyone from Texas a question before and I am fully aware that the answer may not be in the slightest similar or representative of the true answer.

I am also slightly annoyed,--not because I have to ask a Texan (from Maine) to answer a question but because I have hurt my big toe nail,---a lot, and it hurts a lot ,--Oh I said that already.

Well it does, and its going a greeny colour and I have thorn lacerations about my thighs and calf muscles from running through bloody jungle to get to beer and women.

As I said Im not very bright.

EDIT Oh **** sorry I thought it was drivel thingy.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  6. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

Then my friend; thou shall not run...

Get a nice looking vallet, a fishing line, a Premium Cold Card (no need to be in working order), place yourself at a bar (that has to be in working order).

Place the bait....

:idea:

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Thouest knowest littlest aboutest Thailandest thoust dear friend.

A credistus card is of small respectus of the molestus virginus.

Palms of silver is thy best Errr negotianinginest toolums

8. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

Ok, to get this thread back on track before anybody starts to hunt me down;

I saw a documentary about a Danis bloke (oh, then there's at least two down there..):

Henrik Svensmark.
    He claimed the following; Global warming is not caused by humans burning fossile fuel (****, Pericles will smell that one...). He claimed that solar activity were causing cosmic rays, that causes, build up of lower clouds that again results in global warming. He had graphs, showing solar spots/ activity compared to temperatures.

He was pretty convincing, and probably on to something, but then again, trying to find the theory on the net... I ended up on "Buy this book thing", maybe he's into this for the money.... Or maybe I'm just too cynical....

Ok, I have said earlier, I believe we're put on Global warming whether we like it or not... What I thing we can reduce, is the added temperature that we can inflict on, by changing our way of thinking..... ;)

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Im with yer buddy,-- Ok Im ready--- what do you want me to do first?

10. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

What?? I thought I had made plenty room for ehhh, "looks" or the lack of....

I was in Singapore once, that's not too far off from Thailand, is it? Which should mean the female population is something similar... The only time in my life that I have been treated as a sexual object, even with my looks... ;) Which again should prove that a man starting up selling glasses down there could make a fortune....

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Singapore is like Thailand????????? Oh Oh Oh ho hah ha ha ha ha.

Oh geeez give me a minute,----- Oh geeezus.

Ohh boy whoooooooo Ok Singapore is similar to Thailand in Errrrrrr

Let me see how can I put this Oh I cant ha ha,
    oh temperature maybe!!

12. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

Wow, a believer!
    Ok.

We should:

Walk/ bike, if we can, reduce the milage use of cars. Try to travel more than one person in one car, reduce flights, use net meeting, if you can, to avoid travel.. eat local food, drink local beer, more grass, more fish, less meat, build displasement boats, sail boats, smaller cars, smaller, better engines, save electricity, waste less.... (Christ; it was in the news today.... Norway throw 2 000 000 tons of garbage each year! that equals almost 500 kg/ each!!! AND IT IS PRODUCED GARBAGE, i mean, there have been a production process involved there...).

13. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

Hmm, there's no smiley with red rears...:p

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I just told you I was ripped up by thorns running, and you said "thou shalt not run".

I use a bike all the time, I have a deisel pick up which rarely comes out, only if I need heavy stuff from the super market other wise I cant get through traffic. ( this isnt Singapore you know) I use a mountain bike or a small motor bike or a big one.

Here,-- I found a red faced smiley for you :eek:

15. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

o.k. frosty...i'll try,,,but it complicated fer us texans transplants,,hehe,,,its about the matrix,,,,,see i am pretty smart hehe ;)
    but someone told me it was about these people living in a computer program,,,,and the "star" and his helpers are a :anomaly" in the mathmatics,,,,,a "remainder",,and their the only ones that have figured out their in the "program" and are trying to get out.
    then,,,theres should be a commercial for "DELL" hehe ;)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.