Towards " THE PERFECT BOAT" vs " MY PERFECT BOAT"..(Part 2): SUCCESS !!!

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by zmfmd, Jan 18, 2009.

1. zmfmd

zmfmd Junior Member

Hi all,
    Sometime ago I started a thread called Towards "MY vs THE PERFECT BOAT"...I had good interaction that helped me pursue my concept/vision.
    Please take a peek at it, to follow how things evolved.
    Now, almost 2 years later, having read and studied carefully dozens and dozens of books on all aspects related to boats design, manufacturing, seaworthiness, stability etc..,and after building small models to test my concept, and moving up to real boats, and after hundreds of testings, i have succeeded in making it happen: a 21 foot, fiberglass, recreational/fishing motor boat, that fulfills the first 3 of my 5 original criteria mentioned :
    1. Unsinkable.
    2. Selfrighting.
    3. Self-bailing.
    4. has multiple means of propulsion (mainly a motor boat, but has sailing ability)
    5. Affordable..
    I have tested the first prototype for the first 3 criteria..and it passed brilliantly...so now I sort of have a "proof of concept"...to rely on, and am encouraged to promote my concept/vision further and to another level.
    Briefly, my concept/vision is: all recreational/fishing powerboats 16 to Ft 36 long should be manufactured to fulfill the first 3 criteria. I believe that every boat should be manufactured to be as safe as possible..and the "unsinkable/self-bailing/self-righting" triad are the minimal criteria to have. This is now one of my priorities, if not "obligation/mission" to accomplish!!
    Boat manufacturers could easily modify most of their designs to accommodate the "safety triad". As a matter of fact, I think with some modifications, and an "add-on kits" may be provided to existing boats to transform them to a perfect/safe boats..(still working on the details.)..if manufacturers decline, then i'll just have to pursue it myself to the best of my ability....but only to a certain level...now, I need some help...everybody's help.
    The help I need right now includes (but not limited to):
    1. To find people who believe in my concept, and help promote it, and help make it happen...all over the world!
    2. I'm sure many would disagree with my views/approach, so i'm interested to know what YOU think constitutes a perfect/safe boat? I have described mine..what are yours?..or better still, list your 3 or 5 criteria for YOUR PERFECT BOAT, and then another list with criteria of the YOUR SAFEST BOAT.
    3. If you are working in the boating industry, take it up with your management at the highest level and see if you can persuade them to accept and embrace the concept.
    4. If you are in the TV media field, you could do a lot to promote the idea. I'd love to have one of the big shows adopt the idea..like Oprah, Larry King, or Tyra !!!..on the spot we could get a feedback from the millions watching them..particularly from those who where involved-personally, or a loved one-in boat capsize accidents..and its outcome...or also to have instant feedback from CEO's of some of the big-or small-boat manufacturers in country..and what they think about this.
    5. If you are related to the coastguard anywhere you can do the same.
    6. If you have been (or know of someone that has been) involved in any boat capsize accident, share the experience, and if you think what i'm advocating is a good thing.
    7. If you are in the press media field, or know some who is, the same applies.

Important note: To manufacturers and consumers: Applying this concept should not cost a whole lot more..in my estimation, maybe 5-10% more...also it should not change the shape of your already existing model except minimally.

So as you can see, my post is sort of an introduction..to be followed by requesting help/advice as to how to start the "precommercialization phase". Everybody’s input is appreciated. I'd like to build a team of experienced people in every related field to issue...but most importantly, they should in the concept...I cant pay anything now..so it will have to be on voluntarily basis, at least for now, but if ever this thing succeeds, then you get your share...I can promise you that much!

zmf

2. robherc

robherc Designer/Hobbyist

Could you post some pics of your boat, it's specs, and some test data (I like "real-world" demonstrations) for us to look at?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.