Maybe Massalai was right after all

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Boston, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

Attached Files:

• 6_0.png
      6_0.png
      File size:
      139.1 KB
      Views:
    • 7_4_0.png
      7_4_0.png
      File size:
      262.3 KB
      Views:
    • 8_6.jpg
      8_6.jpg
      File size:
      28.5 KB
      Views:
  2. masalai

masalai masalai

http://www.caseyresearch.com/cdd/stupid-monkeys for more funnies as below....
    Friday Funnies
    The English language has some wonderfully anthropomorphic collective nouns for the various groups of animals.

We are all familiar with a herd of cows, a flock of chickens, a school of fish and a gaggle of geese.

However, less widely known is a pride of lions, a murder of crows (as well as their cousins the rooks and ravens), an exaltation of doves and, presumably because they look so wise, a parliament of owls.

Now consider a group of baboons. They are the loudest, most dangerous, most obnoxious, most viciously aggressive and least intelligent of all primates.

And what is the proper collective noun for a group of baboons?

Believe it or not... a congress!

3. masalai

masalai masalai

4. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

Masalai, just read an article by Morgan predicting the price of gold to reach $2500 us by the year's end. Remembered how you said two years ago that it will go to at least $1600, and when the dollar (usanian) starts plunging, who knows, maybe even over $2000 us.

The dollar is plunging, Chinese are calling for urgent new reserve currency, and IMF just said that the usa is already a second economy in the world, but if anyone doubts, before the 2016 there will be no one to doubt.

And by 2020, Russia, India and Brazil will most likely walk over the us economy (if there will be an usa by then, if Gerard Celente is right, and he usually is), nd leave it in dust and for dead.

It appears you too are turning into a successful prognoser.

:)

5. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Brazil is an interesting country --- from rapid building to total bust and inflation to #7 world GDP and growing faster and faster.

At least we know masalai will spend his new wealth from his gold prediction on boat gear :D

6. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

You had me going there for a bit!
    If they had also deliberately infected people with syphilis in Nazi-like experiments,
    or handed back people to Gadaffi to be tortured,
    or dropped napalm on poor villagers, I could have come up with another collective noun. ;)

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi IMP-ish,
    WOT gold ? all sold to build boat....

I have been preaching that holding gold bullion is the only way to go (I have no money, no gold and an incomplete boat that needs a further 30K or so to fully complete - being - 12m-Mast-&-rigging, 2 x 45-Sq-Metre-flat-cut-hanked-on sails, RO-watermaker, 24V-battery-charger and 5 more PV-panels :D)

Come buy my boat for (Au$400,020.oo) 226 ounces of gold bullion, (what it cost me to build at today's exchange rates) - Arrrr for a quick sale, 200 ounces, or 6 x 1kg bars of 9999 gold bullion & Au$12,500 in change will make it yours...)

Hi masrapido,
    I did not get it all right.....
    1) - - The demise of the US$ is lots slower than anticipated. - (The increase in the price of gold).
    2) - - The escalation of the Au$ was not foreseen - Thanks to stupid Australian bureaucrats who did not put a tax on the carry-trade. - - - and the Aussy economy is suffering for that now...
    3) - - The continuing fraud in the COMEX on commodity fixing and manipulation is STILL happening (I stupidly thought laws would eventually be enforced in USA).

.... I would not rely on anything emanating from JPM & Co as they are suspected, (the 4 largest holders of the HUGE naked-short gold and silver positions), of being one of the prime parties in commodities manipulation on COMEX.

The Pommy bloke, Ben Davies of "Hinde Capital", Casey Research, GATA, Gerald Celente, King World News, The international team of Money Morning and The Daily Reckoning are all reasonably reliable and accurate as far as determining what will or is likely to happen in a heavily manipulated market.

Hi Leo,
    That was supposedly a joke, lifted from the link above, at Casey Research, and I hope everyone read all in that link as the rest is worthy of a careful read too...

8. masalai

masalai masalai

http://www.caseyresearch.com/cdd/does-upside-remain-gold-and-silver

First, let’s measure what today’s inflation-adjusted price would be if each metal matched their respective 1980 highs, along with the return needed to reach those levels:
    Returns Needed to Match Inflation-Adjusted Price and Percent Climb to Match 1980 High
    Gold $2,330 . . . . 28%
    Silver $136 . . . . . 227%

But the CPI is a poor measure of real inflation. Let’s use John Williams’ Shadow Government Statistics calculations. His data are much closer to the real world, and the statistics are calculated the way they were during the Carter administration, stripped of later manipulations.

Check out how high gold and silver would soar if they adjust to this level of inflation: - Returns Needed to Match ShadowStats Alternate CPI Metal Price & Percent Climb.
    Gold $15,234 . . . . . . 735%
    Silver $348 . . . . . . . . 738% - - As of 8-31-11

Let’s look at one more measure. I think another valid gauge would be to apply the same percentage gain that occurred in the 1970s. From their 1971 lows to January 1980 highs, gold rose 2,333%, while silver advanced an incredible 3,646%. The following table applies those gains to our 2001 lows and shows the prospective returns from current prices:- Returns Needed to Match 1970s Total Gain and Percent Climb to Match '70s Return
    Gold $6,227 . . . . . . 241%
    Silver $160 . . . . . . . 285% . . . As of 8-31-11

so the precious metals have a long way UP to go, and it will be a lot higher if the US$ falls in value against other currencies... buy gold & silver bullion now and keep buying as opportunity arises... Those "values" relate to end of August inflation adjusted pricing so there is a HUGE upside yet to be realised at end August evaluations... How many barrels of crude oil of bushels of wheat, or gallons of gas would you get for either $2,330 . . . . $15,234 . . . . . . or $6,227 . . . . . . - That is how you preserve your asset wealth...

9. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Ironic. If you had practiced what you preach you would be wealthy beyond belief as I type this. Oh well, I like you better for putting all your money in a boat :D That has more value than 1000 pages of holding your breath waiting for the market to crash again.

10. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi IMP-ish,
    My Bad as I anticipated a more rapid and honest market collapse - and if that had happened globally everyone would be strongly in recovery mode, as once bankruptcy is declared and adjustments made there is but one way to go - UP... I am never after amassing wealth... I am keen to do what I can in society... Friendships, earning-respect, living as sustain-ably as possible and helping others to find that goal are some of the things that I am driven to do...

Sadly that process of economic restructuring and clearing out the fraud, manipulation and other bad things in the market is being dragged out and kicked down the road "forever", so expect your childrens, childrens, children to bear and feel the pain of the "political - NOT ON MY WATCH" syndrome that will inflict pain and uncertainty on us all by all our beloved politicians and bureaucrats... The total numbers are mind-blowing and sit around US$700trillion and probably lots more globally... see http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Enjoy your day :D and love the simple things in life ... loved ones, friends, home grown food, helping one another...

11. bntii

bntii Senior Member

12. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi bntii,
    1) - I would not have anything to collect if that 2020 vision was even close if I placed such a wager...
    2) - Politicians and bureaucrats are still "kicking the can down the road".
    3) - Markets are still being fraudulently manipulated.
    4) - Blame is not being attributed to the key players (yet?)
    5) - Markets and mass media are still mostly in denial as to the depth and severity of the problem.
    6) - Precious metals are still being described upon every surge as being in a bubble.
    7) - Double dip and worse is due (Not just in the USA but GLOBALLY).
    8) - Further fall in housing market - globally - is likely to be more than 30%.
    9) - Food is still being transported on average 1500 miles and more.
    10) - People are still thinking in terms of abundant and cheap liquid fuel.
    11) - Population growth is rapidly outstripping available drinking water.
    12) - Population growth is rapidly outstripping food production capability - expect a 3 to 6 month drought in a key grain growing region to cause SERIOUS global food shortages.
    and the list goes on and on... and very few even care or are curious enough to think it through...

GDP for the world is US$60trillion by your link, USA at US$14+trillion, - - but Debts - (mostly toxic) - that MUST also be reconciled, in USA alone are around US$700trillion... That is about 11.7 times total world productivity or nearly 50 times the total productivity of USA. so, if 100% of ALL productivity was taken to repay the debts created in USA would take 50 years :eek: which is a hypothetical nonsense as at 2% interest the debt would continue growing faster than USA productivity...

How to survive:- - http://www.chrismartenson.com/blog/...title_61949&utm_campaign=weekly_newsletter_34

Part of a sustainable tropical garden (P1010230 & P1010223)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  13. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

bernanke is a loose canon. He might keep printing money with the speed that is already making mugabe looking like an amateur. Or, you could go bust and I'd have nuttin' to collect.

Or those pesky reptilians could get us all...

Our Defence Force is updating and enewing the hardware, by the way. The influx of foreigners putting the pressure on our northern border is expected (who are they talking about...???) some thime in this decade, so the readiness has to be of the highest order.

I suspect that has got something to do with the massive influx of usanians into the Central and South America. Just Ecuador has registered 3000 foreigners settling in in the past year or so. Europeans are increasingly arrivingm besides the regular culprits... (no clues that these are usanians.)

(cufk... just gave it away...)

:eek:

Apparently Chile has been spared so far from herds of foreigners looking for their slice of paradise due to our fairly cold climate. Don't buy into the "mediterranean" ********. It snowed in Santiago just week or so ago. Night temps are around or below 5 on average and daily tems have been just a whisper more.

If Ecuador was less corrupt, I'd be going there too. Beautiful climate. Eternal spring.

But the rest is a bit shoddy...

14. bntii

bntii Senior Member

I lived in Puerto Montt for a bit some years back.
    Beautifully sited with the mountains to the east and islands in the bay running off to the south.
    I chanced to see an extinct bird down in those islands years before it was rediscovered in the US:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivory-billed_Woodpecker

There is a lessen here somewhere- some things can be more persistent than generally imagined perhaps..
    Don't take any odds.. the US will be stumbling along with all our chums in the world community for many many more years.

15. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Umm... so if Bernanke is simply printing money, why isn't inflation kicking in enough to really notice inside the US, as opposed to international differences in exchange rates?

I seem to remember stories about it taking wheelbarrows of paper money to buy loaves of bread, in countries that let their printing presses run wild....

Despite the gleeful predictions and hopes of serial USA bashers, we aren't really in a worse position than a whole lot of other modern industrial (or post-industrial) countries.

And it's interesting that some of the noisiest USA bashing is from countries with living standards that are completely in the toilet....

On what basis do folks from those places condemn us, when their own countries are totally failing everyone but the monied elite?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.