Global economic situation for liveaboard cruising yachties

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by masalai, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

Well you'll love this then.

About 3 weeks ago someone (trying a spread) purchased about 500,000 options on the S&P 500.

They know something,or trying to sway opinions by jacking the COT.

Either way,they have too much money already.

And then there's all the scumbags back dating stock options as a bonus for their cronies.

2. masalai

masalai masalai

Just listen for the howls of "hurt indignation" when the rest of the world "DUMPS".... - just one to start it, - or the rumour of a major offshore player/country pulling the pin and whammmo.... The tolerance for gross manipulation by NY, and 'open season' by USA, to condone illegal cheats in every-way possible, will have its own consequences....

More incoming, Do subscribe to GATA, This is an extract from an email subscription from the free membership lists....
    GATA board member Adrian Douglas, editor of the Market Force Analysis letter, argues in his latest essay that the current deflation scare is as phony as the scare that enveloped the world at the changing of the millenium. Douglas' reference to the astounding buildup of derivatives is especially important to investors in real things -- the price of which derivatives were invented to suppress.
    Douglas writes: "The derivatives market serves as a phantom offer of future supply of commodities and a phantom bid for U.S. Treasury debt. The fact that since the credit crisis the derivatives market has dropped in dramatic fashion means that as it unwinds the opposite effect should be observed: namely, higher commodity prices and higher interest rates. This is already becoming an obvious trend."
    Douglas' essay is headlined "The Y2K+8 Deflation Hoax" and you can find it at the Market Force Analysis Internet site here:
    - (removed as link was partial) - - - - Or try this abbreviated link: for the pdf download - http://tinyurl.com/pzoq7v
    CHRIS POWELL, Secretary/Treasurer
    Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee Inc.

From the linked pdf document, which reads in part, (NOTE the new intergalactic telephone number for an amount of money),...
    What is missing from almost every discussion I have read that predicts deflation is the massive derivatives market. The OTC derivatives market reached a peak of 1.4 Quadrillion dollars of notional value in 2008. This completely dwarfs any other market on the planet, and dwarfs the global GDP of a mere $60 Trillion. Such an elephant can not be excluded from the discussion. What was the function of this market? The derivatives market was one of the major instruments of the US Government and its crony allies to depress the price of commodities and interest rates as explained by Peter Warburton http://www.gold-eagle.com/gold_digest_01/warburton041801.html . In the US just five US banks completely dominate the OTC derivates market, owning 96% of the notional value! This is manipulation at its finest and out of the glare of the media, the regulators and most of all the general public. The average person has never even heard of a “derivative” let alone know what one is.

3. masalai

masalai masalai

Can someone tell me how many zeros to make 1 quadrillion? then ponder this further extract, all I can think in total amazement "WTF?"

A 1.4 Quadrillion dollar gorilla was sitting on the opposite side of the see-saw to
    counterbalance the massive dollar creation of the last 15 years. The BIS reported
    that the notional value of OTC derivatives had fallen to 592 T$ at the end of
    2008. As risk aversion and physical shortages cause this gorilla to shrivel, die
    and fall off the see-saw there will be nothing to hold down soaring prices of real
    things and interest rates. The true global imbalance that has been masked with
    financial wizardry will be suddenly exposed. The results will be rampant inflation
    and then hyperinflation which will end in total destruction of the US dollar, the
    seeds of which were planted 15 years ago, but the plant only produced ripe and
    poisonous fruit in 2008.

I am guessing that it is a million trillion? 1,000,000,000,000,000,000.00?
    Million = 1,000,000
    billion = 1,000,000,000
    trillion = 1,000,000,000,000
    quadrillion - too bloody big... as the GDP for the world is a mere $60 trillion... Those involved in " The OTC derivatives market " deserve to be totally expunged from the earth....

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

When is the monkey going to fall off the see saw then mas.

Your suggestion of doom and gloom are indisputable and seem reaonable to accept .

Would you dare to predict a time.

Its been mentioned a few times on bloomberg Tv that interest rates will start to move upwards shortly.

They have a size 9 boot foot firmly on the gas pressing into the carpet and as soon as it starts to move its on with the brakes.

Thats the thing about getting old,--you've seen it all before.

5. masalai

masalai masalai

When? when it happens... I just copy and paste and make cheeky comments... Make sure you have a beer handy and laugh insanely at the stupidity of those accepting the **** from the merchant bankers who dream up all this pretend asset vehicles (Derivatives) to sell to the stupid...

Just be aware of the possible fallout from the demise of the USA, or any of a dozen possible scenarios on the way... Watch for opportunities and enjoy the ride - scarier than any carnival ride you can imagine and will last for years, not seconds... or could be a fizzer like the "millennium bug" of 2000...

(What the computer panicked forgot, was that computers just count the seconds or even fractions of seconds then do divides to issue minutes, hours, days (am&pm) day , date, month and year so the roll-over from 1999 to 00 to was something nothing...just a big beat up to scare the **** out of the gullible...)

I do not pretend to know enough about economics to give a definitive analysis, nor do any of the "professional economists", but they wisely cite "insufficient information"... Hey I am not that old, I did not make any plans to recover from the Great Depression, but did macro & micro-economics (& read up on stuff) as part of my information processing studies....

6. mark775

mark775 Guest

168646014_214cdc5ac4.jpg
    Can you hear me now?
    The DEMISE!..The demise...

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Nigh, I thought that is what the horse said or was the the ***** or was it weiiiinigh...

Oh well looks like that bloke has lost his ride / merry-go-round? - usual ex-veteran dress for those who could not re-integrate... No support and totally lost after making such a valiant effort for the lousy, ingrate, hypocritical government that sent them off to die for no valid cause... Similar case this end... I served 1963 to 1969...

8. masalai

masalai masalai

Seems to me USA is determined to ensure nothing can compete with its "fiat currency" - You know that piece of paper you and everyone, thought had some value and known as "The greenback".... and if the rest of the world goes the other way, because no one can trust the FED and treasury to fairly honour the debts incurred in the name of the US$ - Oops, is coming sometime, just a matter of when, and global patience is fast running out as the US$ is just too unstable.....

Las Vegas businessman Kahre guilty of 57 counts - - Federal charges against four included evading taxes, real estate fraud http://www.lvrj.com/news/53287717.html

9. masalai

masalai masalai

http://financialsense.com/fsn/main.html 2nd Hour Guest Expert has some good news (opportunities) hidden amongst the gloom - - - for the rest of you good folk in USA a picture of likely events soon to confront the housing sector...

10. masalai

masalai masalai

Seems like the FED and co-horts are still at it, - manipulating the price of gold and foreign exchange rates.... Those foreign entities holding treasuries and other vehicles in US$ denominations will activate the "f&$# the FED plan"... - out of sheer frustration, some time very soon.... I know this manipulation is really pissing me off, and I am just a minnow.... Think of China, Russia and lots of other countries, who are not assured by the ******** they are being fed by the bankers/FED and their puppets, the "politicians/bureaucrats", there is only so much oil, base metals and durable goods one can stockpile by purchasing stuff with surplus US$ notes and bonds... If the FED continues to dump on powerful foreign friends - that relationship will sour and leave only yourselves in the USA to collectively blame the FED and cronies for your, (citizens and good folk of USA), agony and woes....

Read and refresh your minds with the parable at Mathew 25, 1 to 13 and understand what Jesus was saying (not just the story)....

11. masalai

masalai masalai

I am expecting one final? - - anyhow, - - major event, - - and any of several triggers. . . . . . . . . .
    * 1 Someone blinks and the rest of the world follows suit by dumping US$ and other valueless assets on the USA in exchange for anything tangible...
    * 2 The good citizens of USA, realise that the FED and bureaucrats have been controlling their "sold-out" politicians and do something...
    * 3 The FED and merchant banks realise their ponzi is done, and let the deck of cards collapse whilst going into reclusive retirement?...
    * 4 Someone calls the gold short positions and demands settlement or ............?
    * 5 An unforeseen trigger creates a run on something and the cards collapse...
    * 6 Gold finds strong support and the other cards fall...
    * 7 The US$ is bumped up again by the FED et-al and still keeps falling and non-paper tangibles & precious metals head for the sky...
    * 8 The burden of resetting home mortgages in USA form another front in home price collapses...

any further sugestions?

on COMEX: - commercial = 30,276,000 oz short, non-commercial = 2,190,300 short, non-reportable = 1,835,500 short... as at 11 August 2009 - - I would feel most of the "commercial short positions" would be NAKED short by the five US banks that completely dominate the OTC derivatives market with the connivance and help of their wholly owned "bank" "The FED" and helped by US Treasury... - the PONZI of all ponzies....

12. masalai

masalai masalai

13. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

masalai

As for the Japanese economy....hogwash!

Everything in Japan is about image and harmony and as such anything else has no place nor importance. The latest news about showing sings of growth...rubbish. the GoJ just manipulate the figures to provide a positive image.

Only last week the GoJ said the population is increasing!!!...they just massaged the figures in the 'time-honoured' fashion to say what they want to say...despite all other trends and analysis to the contrary.

Just a "marketing blip"....it is very bad here, no matter what is shown on TV/Press....

14. masalai

masalai masalai

Got the same habits as USA, I presume? all chutzpah and image and no spine of fundamentals to hold things in place:D:D:D:D - Oh well things will happen as gravity so determines... (houses of cards fall down in the slightest breeze once put outside....)

Thanks for the post, add when and as anything "off the record" comes to your notice:D:D:D...

15. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

oooo..plenty "off the record" comes to mind...once i start and get up on my soap box...you'll need a water cannon to stop me...hahahaha :):)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.