What boating/sailing gadgets are available for a modern smart phone?

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by BertKu, Aug 18, 2015.

1. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

Hi All, What gadget did you downloaded on your smart phone for sailing and boating application and how useful is this software gadget? From which site did you downloaded this gadget? Bert

2. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

I have the navionics app on my galaxy note. Turns the phone into a chart plotter. I am also looking at a raymarine wifi fishfinder with down vision.

3. whitepointer23

Plenty of handy weather apps available too.

4. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

Thank you for the information. From which website do you download those. Is it a special site for boating/sailing or is it google/apps . Bert

5. whitepointer23

I got mine off google bert. The navionics cost $20 au i think to get the complete package.

6. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

Thank you. I was looking at the wind-vane system , which can be connected into your smartphone and gives you the wind speed, but not on the SONY smartphones. Bert

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.