Nmea 2000 - for Engine status

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by mydauphin, May 9, 2012.

1. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

I am looking at replacing my engine gauges with Nmea 2000 like Maretron. The more I look at it, the more expensive it gets. I have twin engines and would like every sensor under the sun. So every temperature or pressure is more money. Does anyone sell anything that hooks up to Nmea2000 that is like a bulk temperature/pressure controller. One per engine would be nice. Maretron suggest using Yanmar controller and wiring, but that seems expensive by the time you add wiring harnesses.

Perhaps someone has updated their engines to J1939

Any ideas?

2. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

I have been kicking this around too. But given the prices I have seen it just isn't worth it too me. If anyone has a reasonable priced suggestion I would be interested as well.

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

The Yanmar c panel has a lot of sensors I have 2.

It fitting the sensors that would be the problem oil temp , water temp and water in fuel is all very easy its the other stuff like turbo boost and exhaust over heat.

I don't know why you want NMEA just hard wire it so you can fix it.

I have duplicated most important sensors to the bridge using secondary circuits and feed. But the maim alarms can be heard down stairs.

Its oil press and over heat I fear the most,- not a bit of water in the deisel filters.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.