Battery problems

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by chrisroberts37, Nov 7, 2016.

1. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

We could help you if you supply us with more information on the batteries used. a) what is the Amperehour rating and make/type of your house battery b) the make/ type and Ampere hour of your 2nd battery and also what type and ampere hour do you have in mind for the 3rd battery.

I haven't had a chance to check whether I still have 3 x MBR10100, 10 Ampere 100 Volt Shottky diodes. Should you not come right, I could consider to post them to you , if you can supply me with a poste restante address, where to I could send them, without you having your identity exposed. Just give me a Private mail. Any additional information would be welcome, like your charger, solar panel, any other electrical information you could supply, we can then come up with a circuit diagram for you and what would be the best.

Bert

2. CDK

CDK retired engineer

No it isn't.
    When the voltage rises to current gradually drops. There is no field current because a permanent magnet is used, so there is no mechanism to regulate the output current. Around 13.5V there is almost no charge current left.

3. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

That sort the OP's problem out for staying below the gassing voltage of 13.8 Volt.

OP, I have some 15 x MBR10100 and can miss 3. I still think you should go the CDK route with Shottky diodes. Simple, effective and the only draw back is if one battery has a bad cell. That battery is consuming all the energy. But that is a chance of one in the million. Everybody normally checks at regular intervals the voltage of their batteries. So should you. Bert