Volvo skippers go for a ride on Groupama3 trimaran

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Corley, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

2. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Great article ,Corley-thanks!

3. warwick

warwick Senior Member

Thanks Corley, for the video clip.

4. Silver Raven

Silver Raven Senior Member

Gooday Corley - WOW mate thanks.

3 things to say here so please, you, Doug & Gary - heads-up - a tad bit, eh ?

So - chaps - all of us - the new speed definition is - 10 kts = 30 kts or - 30 kts is the new 10 kts - which ever way around - Yea - I know - we all have been aware of that for years & years.

It'll be interesting to see how many of 'dem-mono-guys' start sailing big multi's & just how soon ???

Next -
    Corley - you sent me &/or put up here - a video that was somhow linked to the Crowther Memorial Race - 2011. Everyone needs (must) watch it - at least 6 or 8 times (I'm into 20 times already) - it shows a 60' - ORMA - BP3 tri owned by Sean Laugman - - @ 1:22 sec into video - completely air-borne - YES - all 60' long & 60' wide of all 3 hulls - completely in the air - - about 1/5th of the total sail area & NO foils - at least - none in the water. That's all 12,800 lbs or so of it - flying along - in the air. Bugger me hey ! ! !

NOW that IS sailing - WOW - - wish I was 50 years younger & 50 Mil richer - cause that's where my heart & soul - live - for eva & eva. Just imagine the thril of being on board. Sooooo much fun & wet pants, eh ! ! !

Gona be a great series of races at Hammo (that's Hamilton Island Race Week series - to all that aren't living out here in OZ) what with 2 ORMA's going head-to-head.

When I can breath & get a tad better I'll get into the 'wing-mast' discussion.

Enjoy the video chaps - cause it's a real blast - for sure. Ciao, james

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.