Triad Joe Dobler

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Don Turner, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Don Turner

Don Turner New Member

Hi all. I have recently come across the Triad tri designed back in ancient times by Joe Dobler and am interested in it's suitability for my use. I owned a Buc 24 for 10 yrs. and am comfortable with building/modifying as needed. Been reading all I can find on the "planing" concept for small tri's and am intrigued by the claims for this design from the 60s.I am in the board-sailing extradinaire Columbia Gorge-lotsa wind.

2. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

=========
    Don, I don't know how I missed this post but I want to thank you for posting the info about the Triad! I researched the design-that I had never heard of before-and it is fascinating. I'm a believer in using planing hulls on small trimarans and my new experimental 12 footer will use planing amas like Mr. Dobler did many years ago. I think they can allow a powerfull small tri design!

I designed and built a 20 footer back in the 70's that had a planing main hull but I think that a planing ama on a small tri has a lot going for it.
    Have you decided whether to build the Triad or not?

3. Blacky

Blacky Junior Member