Transom Steps

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Boatguy30, Aug 22, 2013.

1. catsketcher

catsketcher Senior Member

Step -no step

More than a few times I have wished I could go back in time and give myself a good talking to. It almost always is about saving time and doing the easy job that comes back to cause more work later. Pretend I am your future self saying - "Why did you do this this way when you could have worked out a better way"

But to do a better job after fairing will be 5 times harder so ask yourself the question very very hard and be wary of your responses. Ask your partner about it.

I have attached a couple of pics on my stern extension on my (NOW) 7.3 metre cat. Done before major fairing so it was hugely less work than not admitting I had made a mistake and then doing it after fairing. Rememer almost every multi is down on her lines so some upsweep at the stern should not be a problem.

cheers

Phil

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.