Trampoline Attachment Points

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Jetboy, Aug 10, 2015.

1. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

In answer to the original question. Install a boltrope extrusion on the hull. Construct a boltrope and 3" tape. Install grommets to suit in the tape. Lash tramp to the grommets.

Sailrite and Hobie sell all the stuff you need.

2. BobBill

BobBill Senior Member

Tramp Anchor

Jetboy, i had similar problem with my rig...fortunately one hull had a Hobie 18 tramp rail (bolt rope) attached, so I bought another pair and added one to deck on outrigger hull and bought a tramp from Ben Na at Salt Lake Catamaran...but I know you have a tri, so that may not work...and I did not as yet read the entire thread here. Your name caught my eye...worked for me and was very inexpensive...

3. Jetboy

Jetboy Senior Member

This is how it ended up by using what's usually called "L Track". Mostly it was quick and pretty cheap. Total cost was around $100 for the rail, end caps, and hardware. Works for now. Should have bought longer rails. I went with velcro straps for the two ends. They hold nicely.

Here's a few pics of how it went together. I ran out of hours this weekend, so It'll have to wait until next weekend to actually go sailing. I'm itching to go, but I thought it better to wait until I'm really ready than rush out.

Attached Files:

4. paxfish

paxfish Junior Member

How does it look when you are standing on it?

5. BobBill

BobBill Senior Member

Dig...Whatever works...I ended up getting one of Na's tramps on eBay and had to buy center strip to fill too large gap so kid-legs did not protrude...and tie on to the akas...still hoping...good looking boat...still hard to think you can get in water so fast, but what the hay...?

6. Jetboy

Jetboy Senior Member

There is some deflection when I walk on it. But it's not too bad. It's not pulled tight in part because the sliding mechanism would mean I'd have to tighten it every time I set it up. I'm ok leaving it a bit loose. There is a pipe that runs inside along the main hull side and it spreads the load pretty nicely.

The fabric is trampline mat from a local place that manufactures trampolines - the kind you jump on. It's pretty low stretch stuff. Ideally I think something that has more holes would be better. It will drain OK, but probably won't let much wind through.

7. BobBill

BobBill Senior Member

Not to worry, use the crappola out of it and you will know what to revamp...I like the work, meself. Well planned and executed, unlike me, well bumbled and screwed-up. But it will do.

8. paxfish

paxfish Junior Member

Nice work, Bud!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.