Ted Warren new Ultralight 20 trimaran

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Corley, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Super Tri

If I were you, I wouldn't rule anything out until the day you start your final design. In the mean time continuing to learn is the best thing you can do!
    Good Luck....

2. rcnesneg

rcnesneg Senior Member

Definitely! I won't be doing much on it in the next few years, and I've got that crazy fast F20 cat to play on, so there isn't much urge for me to do a super trimaran. I can't wait to see what comes out of the boat works around the world in this market though.

3. Cholsson

Cholsson Junior Member

Hi, rcnesneg. I looking to build something exactly in that configuration. Should be super light, possible to sail alone, self-tacking jib, keep up with F18.
    I built a really small 10feet trimaran this year. It became really sweet. But tooo slow.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YllX_aS7Iek
    The more a read in to the area of small trimarans.. the more a mental picture started to be clear, I thought the R S Sizzor, was a really good setup, but with too short amas. This UL20, was close to exactly what I wanted, but I want to construct it myself.
    I bought a A-Cat, to crop, and use the hulls and mast..., But the A-Cat I bought is in too good shape, and I don't dare to take it apart :)

Chris, Sweden West Coast,
    www.chryz10.com

4. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

5. Cholsson

Cholsson Junior Member

Thanks Doug Lord! I think foils, C-foils or similar is little too advance for me to build (now). Have been watching the foiling-week-videos presentation, but I'm not that good builder yet.
    However, a new longer, center hull should be great improvement. (any one have a broken hull to sell? :) Also today I will get my custom-order of a mini-Code0 and a custom mini-gennaker from North Sails.

Onboard-video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqfP-7ZSV1I#action=share

6. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

7. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

U20

Thanks, Corley. Some stuff I wouldn't have expected there. Almost sounds like the boat couldn't have been tested very much-but hard to tell for sure.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.