<split> off topic posts from MPX thread

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Doug Lord, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baltic Bandit

Baltic Bandit Previous Member

What persistent lack of manners? Doug has accused me of all sorts of nasty things and called me names in this forum. And you calling me a Goon is a similar personal attack. I've done nothing in this forum to provoke these attacks and they are inconsistent with the behavioural guides I and you and Doug agreed to.

As to my own project. the most recent one I built was a workboat stitch and glue catamaran I built, used and subsequently recycled after the dock was done - all in under 3 years.

I didn't need a 3+ year long methodical approach to build a functioning boat.

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

You remind me of Javert hounding Jean Valjean over a crust of bread. If you don't see value in Doug's project, ignore him and go on with your life without re-posting his writings on SA. May be you should get a life or a new hobby if RC isn't capable of holding your interest on its own. Not for nothing.

3. Baltic Bandit

Again Hoyt - what basis do you have for this attack on me in this forum - other than Doug's earlier violation of the codes of conduct here in attacking me? I simply asked a very basic question.

Given the very specific predictions doug has made about this boat and the photo's of it basically being complete - when will he sail it? What is his prediction for actual sail test?

How is that not showing an interest?

4. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

I see Doug's actions as a response to badgering and not an attack in itself. Again I ask if you don't have anything better to do with your life than constantly running the man down. So what if he hasn't launched. How does it affect your life? Did you lose a wager because of it? Bottom line; what difference does it make in the grand scheme of things whether he launches or not? Buy yourself a dog and kick it.

Now you go on my ignore list.

5. Baltic Bandit

Hmm how can I be "badgering" if I wasn't even registered as a member?

6. cavalier mk2

cavalier mk2 Senior Member

Your grasp of the finer points in language (and perhaps life?) are revealing. The term I used referred to your behavior, not you personally. Still, if the shoe fits.....Speaking of finer points the building and materials sections have some great information. A sub 3 year lifespan for a boat isn't very good, especially in view of diminishing planetary resources.

7. Baltic Bandit

And again - what part of my behavior has been "badgering" - particularly in light of the unprovoked personal attack by Doug?

3 year lifespan for a plywood stitch and glue where most of the plywood gets composted? and it was purpose built for a task from birch ply which is hardly an endangered species? seems to me that's much more efficient than buying some plastic thing.

But that said, this thread is about doug's project not to badger me about mine

8. cavalier mk2

I think Doug would agree that your posts seeking vindication for poor behavior are off topic.

A better rule of thumb for a ply boat would be for the wood to last at least as long as it took to grow the tree. It takes more than 3 years to grow a birch for ply purposes so it is wasteful to use it in that fashion. Bye Baltic, I'll be composting your posts too.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  9. Baltic Bandit

They are in response to Doug's off topic and forum rule violating post.

Nor does it take more than 3 yrs to grow two sheets of 1/8" birch ply.

10. warwick

warwick Senior Member

Baltic Bandit may I ask why you joined this forum? My Perception is and it may be of others is that you can continue badger Doug now that he has left Sailing Anarchy. May be you should go back to you usual forums if you have nothing constructive to put forward.

11. Baltic Bandit

I joined because it was the only way to raise an objection to Doug Lord's personal attack on me. I have been nothing but civil and completely within the guidelines of the rules of this forum.

And for that I have been attacked personally both initially by Doug Lord as well as by two other posters.

as for constructive - you might want to raise that issue with the posters attacking me in contravention to the rules of this forum.

I asked a very simple question, completely on point and demonstrating interest in the project. How is that not being constructive?

And why is it ok for Doug to violate the rules of this forum?

12. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

The initial comments which fall under personal attacks / personal insults have now been removed so as not to provoke more or derail the thread by inviting fighting from another forum over to here (if a fight starts elsewhere, please keep it there.) The forum here isn't for posting jabs about others. Hopefully this will remove the reason for further bickering. If people are not interested in a project, they can always use the ignore list or simply move on to something that does interest you. Posts which are only intended to be criticism or jab at someone would be better directed elsewhere as these don't really add anything new and only add noise. Let's please keep the threads constructive. Thanks.

13. Baltic Bandit

sorry but it doesnt seem to have been removed

14. cavalier mk2

Reference edited post.

15. Baltic Bandit

post 658, which the moderator has now fixed. thank you moderator

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.