Slamming waves and open bridgedeck crossbeams.

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by bobg3723, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Spiv

Spiv Ancient Mariner

Bob,
    Fanie is correct, power cats behave differently from sailing cats.
    My first post refers to sailing cats, my last to power cats doing 15 to 30+kn.

I thought for a long time about a wave breaker for sailing cats, but I am not sure if it would work at slower speeds.
    On sailing cats, I think it is safer to stick with high bridgedeck clearance and round chines.

2. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Link to Renewed Discussions

Hello everyone on this discussion thread. If the subject still interest you please join us over on this other subject thread. I'm trying to consolidate some of these bridgedeck slamming postings into one major subject thread, and I felt that the other one had the more encompassing title.

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/multihulls/center-nacelles-wave-pounding-cats-19139.html

...and Spiv please bring along your diagrams and personal knowledge

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.