Revolutionary hull design?

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by rockfold, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Interesting different points of view..
    "...Agreed, it's a common occurrence, but it doesn't make it feel any better if it's your work,.."

Since I'm rather flattered if someone copies something of mine. If others "get a name" for it too, doesn't bother me. May annoy me for a day, but after that...not at all..since just a little bit of digging by anyone, chronologically speaking, the facts come out. I've been told or my colleague has about work that has been copied by others, but they know we instigated it...so I don't get upset over it. There is such a small profit margin in the commercial field I am in, the only "profit" as such, is peer recognition. It generally comes later by recommendations from other clients...

We were approached earlier this month by a client, he wanted us to design him a certain type of boat, which is why he came to us. But, he wanted it to look exactly like another he'd seen....so even the clients are "guilty" and perpetuate the cycle. Hence, in the commercial field, no one really worries about it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.