Request: Multihull VPP Validation Data

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by MobyBick, Aug 18, 2014.

1. MobyBick

MobyBick Mech. Eng. student

Hey multihull enthusiasts,

I'm in the process of writing a multihull VPP for my mechanical engineering bachelor's thesis.

I'm up to a point where the program is solving consistently and I need to find some data to compare my results to.
    I'm hoping someone familiar with marine data logging could explain the different forms of data and files that could be appropriate. I have a fair amount of experience with motorsport data systems, Motec in particular, and wonder whether there is an equal in sailing.

And perhaps someone has some datasets and accompanying boat and rig dimensions that could help me validate my results?

Short of that, polar diagrams are useful too, I've got a fair collection already.

Any other help, advice or opinions in the area of performance data and data logging would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Simon

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.