Pontoon boat, fiberglass ?

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by the Village, May 30, 2007.

1. the Village

the Village General Manager

To fit into our diving/tour situation, I want a double outboard, 10' x 25' fiberglass pontoon boat kit having a tunnel roof high enough for the boat to plane at 30-35 kts in 1-2' lagoon chop, and carry about 12 people.
    I need to know the draft at rest.
    Can you supply the URL of someone who makes an animal like this?

2. stonebreaker

stonebreaker Senior Member

3. the Village

the Village General Manager

Pontoon boats, fiberglass?

Thanks for the suggestions, but, so far, I haven't found what I'm looking for. A deck boat is meant for a few people, and a pontoon boat with round pontoons is designed for a lake. If there any more suggestions they'll be well received.
    What I'm looking for is a dive boat for 10 divers and 2 crew, that planes at 30-35kts, with (fiberglass?) hulls that can be repaired easily in far away places like this western Pacific island. A kit would be easier to ship than a completed boat.
    If the boat I want is made in Australia or NZ, the shipping could be easier.
    Thanks for helping. Bob

4. stonebreaker

stonebreaker Senior Member

You obviously didn't look very hard at the links I provided. Go back and take a closer look - everything you asked for is there, as well as a couple of alternatives and a custom builder.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.