Nicol tri needs repair QLD

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Corley, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

2. cavalier mk2

cavalier mk2 Senior Member

It looks like a Cavalier. What did they do to the main hull? Could be a lot of boat for the money.....Severe damage to the main hull....If they pushed the keel through the bottom it is going to be much more of a challenge than say some holing. So the price could be high for the work so the rig and gear should be worth what you pay. Interesting stern extension, if well done. The boat does look nice in the "before" pictures.

3. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

A lot of the value would be in the boats fittings and that I think would decide its fate. Cold molding a new main hull would be quite doable. As we were discussing in the other thread though 15k could be too high in this case as well.

4. cavalier mk2

Have to see pictures of the damage to know, even the bottom gone is repairable. A new hull could be put in but templates have to come off the hull as Alan Nicol said they didn't have Cavalier plans.

5. taow

taow Junior Member

looks nice room setup inside, agrees it looks like priced for fittings rather then to buy a boat :p, higher roof then mine, looks it, but some good fit idea's stolen haha

6. glenn oshea

glenn oshea Junior Member

well the time has come to sell my Hedley Nicol tri built in 1966
    if anyone knows somebody wanting to buy it let me know 0428 352 068 or email advantage.signs@bigpond.com

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017

7. cavalier mk2

Hey Glenn, if you post pics or links to a ad you will get more people to respond.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.