New folding mechanism for old Texas Trimaran

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Texas-Tri, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Texas-Tri

Texas-Tri Junior Member

Picture of bulkhead

Here is a picture of the forward bulkhead on the starboard side. This square bulkhead goes all the way down into the bilge and up the otherside. I just looked at it and now I realize that it is two thin plywood bulkheads that are glassed together to make the square tube.

Attached Files:

2. aussiebushman

aussiebushman Innovator

Hi all

Just found this old post about Ratcheting Ladder Hinges and would like to see some detailed drawings and/or pictures if anyone has some please.

In another thread, I mentioned my intention to build a Trinardo (instead of a Catri 24 clone first considered) and from what I have read here, the ladder hinges might be better than some of the home made folding systems though the one used on the Scarab 670 looks bullet-proof.

Any help appreciated

Alan

3. bruceb

bruceb Senior Member

waterstays?

I think the texas tri had waterstays, it looks like the fittings are still there on the main hull. Bruce

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.