New 23' Trimaran

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Doug Lord, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

From SA-the Adventure tri:

After almost 10 months of hard work and probably a thousand hours or more, we finally got the Adventure Tri 23 painted and assembled on Dave Peterson's well made custom trailer. We want to sincerely thank Harry for a weekend of spray painting! Next steps are finish the nets, finish the rigging, get the aluminum parts powdercoated, paint some stripes on her, weld a few more mast raising devices to the trailer, and launch her! Mark

UPDATE: Mark told me today that the boat is designed to fly the main hull! I think that is very cool. There is another excellent tri by Henrik-I think 21'-that has just been launched and also flies the main hull. Great direction for small sport tri's to go,in my opinion....

(posted with Marks permission)

Feel free to post, and perhaps mention it is a blank canvas, and we are looking for sail sponsors. Here are the specs:
    LOA - 23'
    BOA - 16'
    Sailing weight - under 850 with sails, motor, all running rigging
    Carbon mast height - 31'

Attached Files:

2. Gary Baigent

Gary Baigent Senior Member

Superb and beautiful, watch out F22's.

3. ThomD

ThomD Senior Member

Obviously an incredibly nice looking boat. So not to compare it to my pile of old wood, but, my numbers are:

If it flies the main hull I am going to spank it!!

LOA 23' 9''
    BOA 18.5'
    Sailing weight - under 850 with sails, motor, all running rigging
    OK, it's just a Hobie mast and really bad sails - are you happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnLmKXY-FCg

Oh, and a wooden trailer. Just started patching the frame yesterday after 20 years in the weather, one 1x4x 10 ft piece of wood needs replacing, and a few small spots...

4. fluidformations

fluidformations Fluid Formations Design

Wow, what a awesome looking boat! Look forward to seeing her get wet and going wild. This is the sort of thing i'd like to do next after my power tri.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.