Need advise on auto jibing fore sail.

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by markstrimaran, Mar 25, 2017.

1. markstrimaran

markstrimaran Senior Member

I can raise it up even with the cabin. I have two lead sails, suitable for self tacking.
    I am wondering if I will need a bar, solid anchor point running the width, or if a sail boom, or just lines.

The aluminum boom, is for the main sail. It is an aft masted design. I usually fly a 150 geona, in less than 16 mph winds.

2. basil

basil Senior Member

G'day Mate,

Think you've missed a fair bit of the picture needed to know what you're totally on about.:confused::confused: Need a few pictures and measurements.

If it's what "I" think you're on about - use a wishbone boom with a turning block each side of the mast - back to a winch. I used a pair of jammers with an endless sheet, but this was on a 7.3 metre trimaran. This system worked perfectly as you always had perfect shape regardless of wind direction and a sail that never flapped.

You may need a second forestay to mount the boom forward end too.

3. markstrimaran

test picture

Finally found a photo reducer.

Attached Files:

4. markstrimaran

Great, got pictures to load.
    It is not a fast boat it is on the heavy side. The frame under the black cabin, is very solid steel, 11 guage. So mounting hardware, welding, slight modification is very easy to do.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.