Multihulls magazine goes bankrupt

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by brian eiland, Jun 16, 2010.

1. azjeepluvr

azjeepluvr Junior Member

Response to my e-mail.
    We really appreciate your looking forward to the next edition! The July/August issue is still awaiting publication.
    We will notify you via e-mail as soon as it is released. You'll soon have the most recent, cutting-edge news of the cruising life you have come to expect.
    Perhaps you may be interested in contributing your Multihull experience to future issues? Try our new wizard by clicking on "Articles" from within your Account and following the easy step-by-step instructions.
    As always we welcome your feedback.
    The Digital Team( Under New Management)
    Serving Multihulls Magazine
    digitaledition@multihullsmag.com

2. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I still get their online add. I tried to subscribe to a special they launched a while back but the web site didn't allow me :eek:

I agree with Cavalier on this one.

3. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

I just phoned the Australian reps number again and got through. Apparantly Terry Travers is in America for the next two weeks, so perhaps he is visiting Charles Chiodi or whoever is handling the situation now. :?:

4. yipster

yipster designer

5. david@boatsmith

david@boatsmith Senior Member

I paid last October for a paper subscription and can't even get the online version. I've emailed them twice with no response. Doesn't look very good from here. They regularly email me to get me to buy an online subscription. I would have to hear a lot of good things about them to send them more money.

6. MULTIHULLS Mag

MULTIHULLS Mag New Member

MULTIHULLS Magazine is still alive

Hello all,
    After reading your posts, I can totally understand there is confusion of the past and future of MULTIHULLS Magazine. I just wanted to put in my two cents, as I am still working for the magazine after 15 years.
    Despite what you may have heard, MULTIHULLS itself actually did not go bankrupt. It was the parent company who published the magazine that went out of business.
    The magazine is now under new management and is slowly restructuring.
    Due to the economy, the magazine is strictly digital at this point, with the hopes to start printing again in the near future.
    I agree that the magazine now mostly features mainstream multihulls and has moved away from the backyard grassroots on which it was established, but that's not to say that we can't still publish the articles you seek. It's a matter of finding material. If you would like to see these articles, by all means, please send them in! I would be more than happy to review them for publication. Please send your articles to:
    www.multihullsmag.com/article/workflow

7. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

What happened to Charles Chiodi and his partner. ???

8. MULTIHULLS Mag

MULTIHULLS Mag New Member

After 35 years of dedication to the magazine and multihulls as a whole, Charles and Ava have both retired.

9. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Hardy 'Well Done', Charles & Ava

Please give them my best regards for a job well done over many years.

I was first published by them in 1975.....when I first set out to get involved in designing.
    http://www.runningtideyachts.com/archives/OrgMagArt.php

Got side tracked into the beach catamaran rental business, then retail, then wholesale distribution, then importing, then building our own product (that last project took me into bankrupcy)..

Now I've come full circle, and playing with some designs again...not only multihulls. but also floating cottages, kite power assist, and canal barges/yachts, etc

10. cavalier mk2

cavalier mk2 Senior Member

Is there any way we can contact Charles Chiodi ? His insight from years of experience would make him a valuable contributor to the forum.
    Any way to get back issues? One never made it here.....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.