Long term survival boat ideas

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by mmutch, Nov 9, 2012.

1. masalai

masalai masalai

Time is the essence that helps to get things into some sequence and not all happening at the same instant... Space, as in plenty of room to do stuff is to prevent everything happening at the same spot... This enables each to his/her own decisions on what and how they react to planning for a possible survival scenario...

My activities and delays and difficulties and adverse encounters as - in part - presented, are but one in many stories - published of private of what precautions people are taking in these precarious times...

Warram is a worthy choice for some, or discounted out of hand by others...

For me, my boat is an 'escape machine', where I considered shallow draft and reasonable motoring performance were key attributes to operate in a poorly mapped and heavily confused area of coral reefs... It works well and achieves what I need with ease and assurance of an excellent design...

Bon Chance...

2. masalai

masalai masalai

http://sgtreport.com/2012/11/the-madness-of-a-lost-society-3/ This is on USA from true patriots of America... Can you see the collapse of your society? - just look at "sandy" readiness and losses then at the "Black Friday" stupidity for evidence... Collapse of the reserve currency will impact immediately on the rest of the world... enjoy...

More evidence? . . http://www.wealthwire.com/news/inflation/4218?r=1 - - If you believe only "main-stream-media" as you would believe (literally), the bible, don't talk to me...

Likely the message is "Wake Up USA" as America the dream is gone to the 1%ers http://www.wealthwire.com/news/economy/4217?r=1 I and many traders do not accept US$ from tourists (Japanese & Chinese exiting as fast as possible from their US$ holdings) Why should I offer that service for no charge when selling an Australian product at the local markets?

3. masalai

masalai masalai

An Anonymous fool who is in full denial lacking the courage to identify yourself... The impact will have significance if you would ever or even consider an analysis of emergency survival needs - maintenance must be done and that requires an ability to pay or trade for services, parts or access to machinery to effect repairs/additions etc to your boat... Look beyond the end of your nose or the gun you carry and you should be able to see the wisdom in preparation... Ask the poor residents who are suffering following "Sandy" :?:

Instead of blowing off the top of your head in indignation and the words of this stranger (masalai), consider what is he trying to present and why...

I noted with great sadness in my heart for the people who still have no access to power, food, water, toilet facilities, communication shops fuel following the passage and damage caused by "Sandy" which could have been significantly reduced with a little forethought and actual preparation...

Preparation is also about reading and knowing where to find resources you may need to replace stuff missing damaged or lost... Preparation is about doing your homework and reading and learning as to what may present as a survival event and how best for you to meet that understanding/perception...
    Will your boat be safe and remain usable if another storm passes by...
    Will your house be more secure against a storm surge, wind to 150mph, floods running down towards your boat/home...
    Would you be best to shift your boat to some other more distant place so at least either the boat or your home is likely to survive and remain habitable...
    Will the banks be able to be open and will your credit card work...
    What if Europe, economically, goes topsy-turvy at the same time a severe storm strikes where you live in USA? - - Devastation does not need to be PHYSICAL or is your mind so constrained by peer pressure and loyal blindness you cannot see or understand the essence of what is written in good faith and care for even objectionable loud-mouths who cast aspersions anonymously...

I have been through several devastating cyclones and none of my neighbours were without access to power/refrigeration, water, fuel, food within a day of so of the storm passing - Yes there was significant damage to property, but most survivors could access all that they needed to meet their daily necessities... No one was going on TV in Australia bleating and crying that they couldn't get gas (petrol) food, water of toilet... WTF :?:

4. masalai

masalai masalai

How have the people fared who lost all, in the passing of "Sandy" - The initial roar of intervention and photo opportunities has faded... My question is, has the assistance to recovery persisted or they being left to starve and freeze as winter impacts the region, as usually seems to happen in the USA from the perspective of those distant from your shores?

The gun lobby seems to have felt that sufficient time has passed after the recent tragedy in USA, to argue for the retention of weapons of mass destruction... - Are purchases to continue to be sold to, or, are accessible to those with deranged minds... See this essay http://www.globalresearch.ca/whats-behind-americas-gun-violence/5316097 My question is - Has this point of view got any traction or merit?

When a society ceases to operate on trust, - - and lacks any faith in the sensible, ethical & moral behaviour of their fellow man, - - then that society is doomed to collapse... Then - - the only solution for individuals with access to a boat is to set sail, . . . and in honest humility, seek a social community where trust, caring for all others, and mutual support is the keynote for their continued survival in a simpler, close to nature lifestyle where friendship, cooperation, and sharing are at the core of a healthy and happy community...

5. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Only 2 days till the 14th Bak'tun. Peace.

6. masalai

masalai masalai

7. Petros

Petros Senior Member

the Mayans themselves never claimed their calender predicted the end of the world, only that their calender would end. than they need a new one. just like we need a new one every 12 months. It is ignorant modern doomsayers that seem to think an ancient superstitious people some how knew how to predict the end of the world when their calender ran out.

[​IMG]

8. cavalier mk2

cavalier mk2 Senior Member

I'm glad somebody pointed that out. Now everybody, tip toe slowly back from the edge of doom and bring boats back into the thread....

9. masalai

masalai masalai

If you read the link I put up to the end, you will see a more strongly put assertion - in "comic" form so the simple minded can understand and have some "interactive fun" playing with the various "POP-UP" tabs and explanations.

Is there really a need to post the "quote" as it is in the previous post anyway...

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Tomorrow is the shortest day of the year. The earth starts to turn on its axis. Being vulnerable at this point is debatable.

Strangely it is also the day that the sun aligns with the milky way.

It is possible that these extra pulls here and there from gravity could flash off the long expected N-S pole reversal that is way overdue.

It is also possible to encourage a lot of solar interference.

It is all possible and is what the Mayan calender tracked. Thought be guided by alien inervention thousands of years ago..

If anything were to have good time to do it tomorrow would be the day.

11. Petros

Petros Senior Member

my credit card payment is due on the 20th. Should I skip it just in case? Perhaps I do not need to pay it if everything goes bad on the 21st.

[​IMG]

12. rattus

rattus SeƱor Member

Yeah, bummer, but we have to put up with the marauding bands of murdering gangs and frozen corpses floating in NY harbor. Refugees are flooding into neighboring states, and are even showing up here in the Rocky Mountains. It's pandemonium everywhere, neighbors are eating neighbors, gun battles in the streets over cellphone network access, and good Chinese is hard to find. Worst of all, the zombie attacks are at an epidemic level!

Good God man, are there *any* credible journalistic sources left in Australia? Has the Murdoch network infected all? Or is it simply that the dreaded ANIC (Australian National Inferiority Complex) strikes again?

13. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Rattus Rattus,
    A larger species known locally as the "white tail rat" is protected as a "native species" and is BLOODY BIG - About the size of a LARGE squirrel or well fed cat... http://rainforest-australia.com/giant_white_tailed_Uromys.htm - Thunders over the corrugated-iron-roof like a herd of elephants, waking everyone up with a start... The one visiting us weighs in at around 2.5kg - a bloody monster ready to drop a litter... and a smaller male is hanging around to mate once the litter is dropped... The white tail MUST gnaw at wood and will open coconuts to eat the meat and no other local animal is able to do that... and his gnawing is the evidence of what it is...

Our 'deported media mogul' has his fingers in many pies and his imprint firmly controls his Australian media empire, so we have to rely on the internet and bloggers for news - - and sometimes our Australian Broadcasting Corporation, funded by the Australian Government and said to be staffed by communists... But in reality they are aggressive and independent news hawks who delight in rubbing the right wing politicians the wrong way for the sheer fun of it as they "bight" on every opportunity - succeeding on putting their both feet in mouth to the delight of the journalists... The editorial censorship in mainstream media is almost as anal as USA commercial broadcasters, as we tend to copy what trends are popular in USA but 5 or so years later...

Australia is renown for the "tall poppy syndrome", where the groin of any bigwig who persists in "big-noting-himself", gets a swift and painful kick to bring him down to size... This ANIC has you confused with your own degenerative disease in USA (New York) is the cancerous tumour...

Anyway, rattus, keep safe and help those that you can... Seasons salutations...

14. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

My local lunch time joint has just run out of draught beer ?

Possible hoarding in anticipation of the coming collapse of the worldwide beer distribution network ?

Im concerned.......very concerned

http://[​IMG]

15. masalai

masalai masalai

Michael,
    Go to the local home brew store and set yourself up to make your own - an RO watermaker will guarantee the purity of the water to make the beer... :D :D :D :D :D :eek: :!:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.