Little America's Cup UK 2013

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Doug Lord, May 8, 2011.

1. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

2. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

3. Blackburn

Blackburn Senior Member

... Not having followed the C class earlier, I'd merely supposed that the Invictus team had prepared well for hosting this championship; but I was mildly horrified when I came to Falmouth, to hear that they'd not had the boat ready and not sailed whatsoever prior to the event.

A good thing then, that Cammas had a serious project and won with ease. The next C class event ought then to have been scheduled in France (Brittany preferably) in my opinion, so everyone would then really get their act together, or drop out.

We have seen all too often what races on lake Geneva look like?

Waste of time.

;)

4. Blackburn

Blackburn Senior Member

That is, unless you have the misfortune to live around Geneva, thus limiting your options.

:rolleyes:

5. high on carbon

high on carbon Wing Nut

It was agreed at the end of 2012 by the class that the event would be held in Geneva for 2015 as the Swiss made a very solid proposal to host the event. In our class this is a rarity to have such solid planning for the event, as most teams are totally pre-occupied with the boats. So off to Geneva it is for all.

6. Baltic Bandit

Baltic Bandit Previous Member

The question really is whether you will see much foiling development for Geneva given how well Cogito did on the light air days.

I suspect you will see an 'archimedian" Hydros entry and the Fill Your Hands team I suspect is going to do most of their work in the wing area

7. onthe2ndwire

onthe2ndwire New Member

Hi Guys
    I am new to this site and feeling my way around Doug Lord sent me over here from Historic racing
    I run cclassracing.com
    I have written the full history of LAC - i.e. 61-'13. 400 plus pages. I am trying to get crowd funding to pay for printing.
    I obviously would welcome help with getting word out about funding. I am also very interested in comments about various boats.
    Anyway sailed catamarans since ’62 love C-Class glad to be aboard

1 person likes this.
  8. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Little America's Cup 2013

There is an excellent article in the January issue of Seahorse written by Magnus Clark of the Canadian LAC team-nicely detailed-check it out!

9. Baltic Bandit

Oh the irony....

10. onthe2ndwire

onthe2ndwire New Member

It is apparent that we will fail to get crowd funding to print our history of the 'Little America's Cup' book - we are not able to put our App or ibook up on iTunes so rather than waste more time on it I have decided to "bin it’.

So I'd like to thank you all for your interest but I am moving to a 'sites of London' app.

11. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Lac

=====================
    Too bad-I would love to have read the book. Is there no other way?

12. onthe2ndwire

onthe2ndwire New Member

It's a kind thought - but it's not that there are too few interested to back it but the number of people who sail catamarans is tiny. We tried to interest 'outsiders' by producing it as a drawn illustration Art book - but people want more.

13. Baltic Bandit

Have you looked at Amazon's "Print On Demand" approach? as well as publishing it as an eBook?

iBook and iTunes are the pricey way to go.

14. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

15. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

---------------
    Don't give up! Thats a lot of work to let go down the mine. Sounds like you may have made a major contribution to the literature on small cats. Please try this: Gary Baigent has published or helped publish several books-he's a member here and it would be worthwhile to PM him and see what he thinks.

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/profile/gary-baigent.html

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.