Kurt Hughes updated Trikala 19 trimaran

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Corley, Jan 28, 2013.

1. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

One way to prevent distortion in a slide projection is to use the camera as the projector. I'm not a photography buff myself, but I know that this can be done with some single-lens reflex cameras as a friend of mine used the technique back in the 50's when we were both at school, so it can't be difficult.

However, I suspect the camera/projector system will be good enough and they may well have similar lens arrangements; it shouldn't be too difficult to verify.

2. oldsailor7

oldsailor7 Senior Member

Yes , Well we made sure that when we took the photo, and projected the Pic, that the camera and projector were accurately at right angles to the surface. We had no problems with distortion. One of our A class catamarans with moulded hulls and f/glass wing mast won all three races in the 1973
    American nationals on both line and corrected times.
    Bruce B. is the owner of one of the B33s that we built in F/Glass sandwich this way. These were the days before resin infusion, so we had our own method of F/G construction which produced hulls with an egg shell like finish without the labour of prolonged long board sanding.

3. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

Good luck with the build and sailing!

4. W17 designer

W17 designer Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.