Just bought the study plans for PAHI 31

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by valery gaulin, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Richard Woods

Richard Woods Woods Designs

Probably at least twice the work and cost. The Tamar 31 is a much bigger boat. But obviously worth a lot more money once finished. More than twice as much for sure

I was sailing my prototype Windsong after 1000 hours, I would think if I built a Tamar 31 it would take me 2300 hours. Here are some Tamar 31 photos. The builder is working part time, he started work in November 2016

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ywn8n2cpyhu8iu4/AAD6VzPFJN7jojcRY3xHczEIa?dl=0

Richard Woods

2. UpOnStands

UpOnStands Senior Member

Thanks for the link. That flat keel plate seems to be real difficult to form fair.
    Did the builder follow the instructions exactly?

3. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

I was super un-impressed with how little room there was in the Wharram V hulls, for all models.

Likewise, out on the water, they dont seem to keep up with more modern designs as to windward performance.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.