Horstman catamaran

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by rberrey, Dec 2, 2012.

1. rberrey

rberrey Senior Member

I thought I'd found rubyj a MT 26 tri but it turned out to be a TriStar 26 catamaran that is 28' which is what had me confused. I searched Bing and found (Tweedehands TriStar 26 cruising catamaran occasion foto's)lots of pictures of what looks to be a triStar 28 home built cat. It's the first Tristar cat 28 I have seen pictures of other than whats on Ed,s web site , and could be the same one. May be some one who speaks German can translate a little of what is written along with the pictures. Rick

2. cavalier mk2

cavalier mk2 Senior Member

Post a link Rick. Those would be a good canal boat or marina cottage for a tight budget.

3. rberrey

rberrey Senior Member

I dont know how to post a link cav, thats why I cant find things twice sometimes. May be someone can search and post the link. Rick

4. HASYB

HASYB Senior Member

5. rberrey

rberrey Senior Member

That,s it , thanks. Rick

6. Richard Woods

Richard Woods Woods Designs

Like most Dutchmen, Alan Veth speaks excellent English, so contact Evecom direct if you want to learn more

Richard Woods

7. cavalier mk2

cavalier mk2 Senior Member

Thats the boat. I like Ed's cruising cats. This one should get the most room in a small size that can still sail award. The cabin can be built with a pop top in the raised flat area. I looked at this when thinking about a bare boat charter cottage for the PNW. It could have used the Searunner 31 mast I have and wouldn't have the fanatic fan base. I suppose the kayak crowd would prefer the Searunner and couples would like this. My speed freak friends will laugh but the calm crowd need boats too.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.