High Performance MPX Foil/Self-righting Trimaran-The Test Model

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Doug Lord, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Baltic Bandit

Baltic Bandit Previous Member

Well given the track record of unprovoked attacks initiated by Doug - ignoring isn't really viable

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

That is too bad. Had you not attacked him on Sailing Anarchy none of this would have happened. Blood feuds never end well.

3. Baltic Bandit

hmm so Doug was somehow magically forced to break this sites rules and post negative comments about persons because of stuff happening in other forums?
    wow I must really have a lot of powerful mind control to force that to happen. Seems more like a choice to me.

4. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Continuing fights between people are not good for the site. Therefore given how long this has been going on and the fact that you've already posted over 120 responses in this thread Baltic, it's probably time to step in and post a simple notice:
    if either you Baltic Bandit or Doug post an additional jab at the other from this point forward here, your welcome will be revoked. If either you or Doug remove one another from your ignore list, your access will be revoked. Hopefully this will return things to a peaceful state and put an end to the jabs between you two.

5. Baltic Bandit

Moderator, where have I jabbed at Doug? where have I done anything but post specifically on the technical issues about the designs in question?

Where have I launched an unprovoked attack on Doug?

6. Boat Design Net Moderator

I suspect you must have good intentions or else you wouldn't spend so very much time thinking about Doug's project. However, unfortunately, the communication just doesn't seem to work in this case and seems to only increase the level of noise and ill will. Many of the individual points you've made are reasonable, while some seem to be less than genuine (your admiration or criticism of his use of paint for example), but with your having made more than 120 posts directed towards his project in this thread alone, after your prior problematic interaction with him, it seems to be quite a lot and not likely to have a constructive result at this point. It seems that when you direct a post towards Doug or he directs one towards you, it is repeatedly not viewed as constructive but rather is seen as having a negative tone or be an attack. This is why you were added to each other's ignore lists on 2/14.

7. Baltic Bandit

But again - Why am I being treated the same as Doug - who has now used this forum on at least two occaisions to personally attack people? And the heaps of personal attacks rather than issues based comments that have been aimed at me?

I've been very scrupulous to the point of rewriting posts, to be specifically on subject and on content. And it strikes me as hardly even handed to put me under the same strictures as those who have cavalierly ignored the rules you have set.

8. Boat Design Net Moderator

To put it succinctly, life is just too short for endless negativity and pointless bickering.

It's not a punishment; it's simply an attempt to get the forum away from further jabs. Based on the repeated interaction to date, it seems very unlikely that what you post directed towards him will have any good result, and repeatedly and based on your history of interaction, when you do so, it is repeatedly taken negatively.

To be even handed, you've been given very ample room to express your views on his project, with 124 posts or over 10% of the 3-year old thread he started on his project added by you in just the last few months. Even if your intentions were the best in the world, it seems based on the the huge amount of criticism you've posted and the response to it, it is unlikely to have any constructive result, and simply drums up much more noise.

9. tmark

tmark Junior Member

Because you are different, Balts. Doug posts pictures of things he's built, or boats he's excited about, or news that others may not have come across. You, on the other hand nitpick, find something to criticise, and use sarcasm in your responses to his posts. He rarely, if ever, responds to something you post. By the moderators count, you have responded 120 times to his posts on this thread alone. He posts under his own name, you under an assumed name.

Nor do your posts exist in isolation.
    On Sailing Anarchy (where you in fact ARE suspended for your behaviour towards Doug) your behaviour towards Mr Lord was characterized by the moderators as " ... stalking him constantly to call him an ******* across multiple posts and forums." The invective was so foul, that there is no way I'd post it here, but the record stands none-the-less. Your recent behaviour was so deeply offensive that those who see your posts here will be highly disposed to not give you the credit of the doubt.

10. tmark

tmark Junior Member

If I could be so bold, perhaps a ban on either of them posting on a thread started by the other? It takes all ambiguity out of the word "jab".

11. Boat Design Net Moderator

The request at this point is that both leave each other on one another's ignore list, please don't reply to eachother's posts or direct further posts to the other, and no further jabs at or referencing the other. If something could be mistaken for a jab, please don't post it. Some balance is good, and some points that have been made are good, but over a hundred separate criticisms is quite a lot and seems ample to say the least. It's time to move on to something more constructive.

12. Baltic Bandit

Again other venues are other venues. The rules are to leave other venues in other venues. a rule that I have not broken but others have and you keep insisting on doing.

it is true that I am somewhat different than other posters - others have not been repeatedly attacked against the rules and in a coordinated manner. I even have emails from some gloating about the campaign to give me the most negative feedback score ever.

I also believe that this is not the first time Doug has had a problem with other posters before. So what is the common thread here?

Remember what the comments that have since been deleted said about the posts that Doug makes. Comments that go straight to my repeated efforts to summarize the differences.

Thank you for proving my point that there is a focused series of attacks on me personally rather than the content and technical analysis I have been making.

13. Baltic Bandit

So again, I formally object to being constricted because of the abusive behavior of Doug and of others who are not being sanctioned. folks like TMark and HoyteDow

14. Boat Design Net Moderator

It seems that there is just a communication problem, and I'm very sorry that it didn't work out. Everything that could be thought of was tried to allow you to get along. Since it's not acceptable to you to participate in the rest of the forum without continuing to provoke or stir things up with Doug, it's not workable and would seem that your purpose is more to provoke than be constructive. Insisting on continuing to post "at someone" when you can't get along isn't workable. At some point, the jabs just have to stop. Thanks for what you've contributed that was not meant to provoke or demean or add noise, and sorry that it didn't work out.

15. Blackburn

Blackburn Senior Member

I would say, someone has done a good day's work!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.