the DOMINO 20 from Paraguay

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by mariedukat, Jun 11, 2009.

1. mariedukat

mariedukat Junior Member

No, JP and I haven't fallen off the planet. Rather, we've been grounded in Paraguay for the last 2 years, taking over the building of the DOMINO 20 catamaran, Malcolm Tennant's last motor catamaran design. Getting a boat custom-built is an adventure, perhaps more tortuous than actually sailing the darn thing. While we're not crowing victory (at least, not yet) we wanted to share our experience in one-off construction. Just for those of you, out-there, who wonder how long, or how much, all I have to say is that it will cost you at least as much as the most reputable yard quoted you and it will be double the time. Custom construction is not cheap if you want a reasonably faired boat. But, 'nough said, and you can see our story at:
    www.dominocatamaran.blogspot.com - Cheers (I think)... domino marie

2. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

For those that may have missed the start of this subject thread, have a look thru their material. There are lots of interesting things to learn.
    Cheers,

3. peterchech

peterchech Senior Member

Mariedukat are u guys still around sandy hook? Ill be sailing my outrigger canoe around that area tom

4. mariedukat

mariedukat Junior Member

oh, sorry, I just checked your message... actually, we are in Montauk, going to Block Island tomorrow. Back in NYC on the 26th, then Annapolis 1st week of September, ICW in October, Mexico in November... and going!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.