CSK / polynesian concept catamaran

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by djeeke, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Jeffry412

Jeffry412 New Member

Hello, I realize this is quite old, but I wondered here as will others. Budddy was indeed the host. I went sailing with Poly Con prior to the TransPac down in Newport as my Dad was intersted in one of his boats. We had met World Cat, Juergen Wagner and his mate in Catalina when they were here from Germany and prepping for TP. Both boats, went out that day and raced around a bit! I can't rmember the name of Juergen's mate but I do know after setting a BUNCH of speed and distance records the boat went down. I have a wonderful memory of Seasmoke, Poly Con, Imi Lua, and of course Poly Con!

Cheers!

2. Jeffry412

Jeffry412 New Member

Loved World Cat and Juergen Wagner was the Man. I don't remember Juergen's mates name, But he and his mate went on to set a bunch of speed records in the South Pacific. I don't remember the details but the 44' Cat was lost at sea. These guys were the forerunners of the mutlihulls of today!

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Multihulls are very sensitive to load. They are designed, in general, as a light displacement vessel, and are only safe in that condition. For long distance cruising, you should consider what your load will be. Most people want to carry their house with them, and a multihull is not the best option.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.